• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left-hand path angels

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
I've encountered some people on the LHP who called upon angels in their practice in order to heal others and overcome personal obstacles. This has lead me to wonder if angels would help those who defy traditional religion, how does that change the way they can be conceptualized?

Also note that when I say "angel" in this context, I mean highest order of holy winged shining spiritual entities, not fallen or "dark" angels.

Liu

Difficult question.
From what I heard by LHPers (or similar) who work with angels, I think they tend to not consider them beings with a will and personality of their own, but basically machines or programs to access when one wants to request their help with e.g. spells.
Maybe you could conceptualize the god they are subservant to as something impersonal as well, instead of as the personalized opponent of your religion, or perhaps as simply "the source", depending on what fits your theology/metaphysics better.

I haven't worked with any such angels so far, it doesn't feel like something I'd be inclined to do.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I've encountered some people on the LHP who called upon angels in their practice in order to heal others and overcome personal obstacles. This has lead me to wonder if angels would help those who defy traditional religion, how does that change the way they can be conceptualized?

Also note that when I say "angel" in this context, I mean highest order of holy winged shining spiritual entities, not fallen or "dark" angels.

Spiritual relativism, basically... one mans angel is another's daemon... :D

I don't believe in the Abrahamic conception of the universe at all, so angels are non-existent. The only angel-like things I've personally seen were hovering over sick people draining them of energy and killing them. Does that sound like something you want to see/work with? :D Again, spirits can take any form they like so maybe they are pretending to be something else but needless to say my initial impression is that these are some sort of lower vampiric type of of negative entity not something you want to associate with. As far as classical angel names (like banishing rituals, etc), I've used them in the past when I was starting my little trip to the occult - I never felt them to be effectual, or important, and ceased to do any of the western occult practices due to ineffectiveness. (It does suck to be sensitive to these things, since you know when someone hears you and comes versus you wanting to believe it works when it doesn't do anything... lol)

Orias

Left Hand Path
I've seen angels. I've seen demons. I've seen more demons than angels . Although the largest I saw was an angel, you wouldn't believe me. Unless it was clouds and moonlight playing a trick on my eyes, but it was over my house as I was driving up to it, in the country. It was white and transparent and was actually flapping and going away from the house.

I've seen demons. They aren't any fun and need to be taken very seriously and with caution. If you have strong willpower you will attract them. But if you are true to the darkness and to the light, the will of God and Satan are before you. Demons are minor, often residual magic of lesser beings, they do not compare to the magical will of God and Satan.