• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lebanon… the Key to Understanding the Palestinian Issue

muhammad_isa

If an element attacked your village, gang raped your daughter, kidnapped some of your family, and then continuously sent rockets into your village, what would you recommend as being an appropriate response?

No song & dance please-- just deal with the question.
I would probably leave the area .. settle somewhere else.
Oh no, wait .. G-d says it belongs to "us" :rolleyes:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I would probably leave the area .. settle somewhere else.
Oh no, wait .. G-d says it belongs to "us" :rolleyes:

Jews have had to do this numerous times and we have seen what that brought them at times.

BTW, I hope you were joking with the above, because if you have studied the long history of the region, conflicts and declaring "This is my land!" abounded. It's often difficult for westerners to understand how that area is and was & is so different that in the west.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If an element attacked your village, gang raped your daughter, kidnapped some of your family, and then continuously sent rockets into your village, what would you recommend as being an appropriate response?

You keep trying to justify killing 30,000 Palestinians,
& maiming many more, while evicting over a million
from destroyed homes. Is there any limit to how
far you'd have Israel go in retaliation?
You regularly post about holding high religious values.
Such deadly vengeance bespeaks evil, not good.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For Israel not to respond in kind, what would stop the thousands of missiles fired into Israel???
The smart, humane thing would have been to work with the Palestinians to oust and overthrow Hamas and with Israel and the Palestinians working together towards a peaceful future.
What Israel is going is radicalizing Palestinians, doing Hamas' requirement work for them and ensuring continued violence.

Ajax

I strongly believe that Israel had every right to invade Gaza, try to free the hostages and eliminate Hamas as much as possible, but destroying almost the whole Gaza including hospitals whilst cutting water, humanitarian aid, medicine and fuel supplies to civilians, as well as preparing to attack Rafah where one million civilians are cornered and trapped is excessively brutal . And believe me, I like and support Israel, but this revenge is well over the top. That is why almost the whole world is against it now.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That's the type of attitude that increases enmity, and does not seek a permanent solution..
No more than eliminating Nazis increases enmity. Not… it stops genocide.
What does "eliminate Hamas" really mean?
It means stop the religious militants that have their only purpose to eliminate Jews from the river to the sea.
The slaughter of all Palestinians? The slaughter of all Arabs? The slaughter of all Muslims?
no, no and no

OK .. we can all appreciate that they needed to retaliate, for security reasons (and natural human anger).
..but they cannot achieve anything but enmity (whoever supports them), by their present "no mercy" approach.

Please see above.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No more than eliminating Nazis increases enmity. Not… it stops genocide.

It means stop the religious militants that have their only purpose to eliminate Jews from the river to the sea.

no, no and no

Please see above.
Everything you posted is still justification for
Israel's genocide. Some Christian values you
have there.
How many Palestinians is too many to kill
& maim....30,000? 300,000? 1,000,000?

muhammad_isa

No more than eliminating Nazis increases enmity..
That's absurd..

..so Palestinians are Nazis now?
You are totally blind, my friend .. blinded by Zionist philosophy.

..so you expect the Palestians and Arabs in the region to agree with the onslaught?
Obviously not !

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Everything you posted is still justification for
Israel's genocide. Some Christian values you
have there.
How many Palestinians is too many to kill
& maim....30,000? 300,000? 1,000,000?
Not just kill. They've killed about 1% of population while injuring about 10% of it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

There is stil wisdom in this world!
Still wisdom in the world? Show me where people haven't seen Hamas as violent cretins.
Rather what I see is lots of Zionists claiming extreme, indiscriminate violence and do nothing at all are the only two options. That isn't wisdom.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Jews have had to do this numerous times and we have seen what that brought them at times.

BTW, I hope you were joking with the above, because if you have studied the long history of the region, conflicts and declaring "This is my land!" abounded. It's often difficult for westerners to understand how that area is and was & is so different that in the west.
Not that hard. It's sort of like Turkey which has historic ties to Europe but also is culturally rooted in the Middle East. Or how Russia is mostly European but there's still some Asain influence present (amd why it's not unusual or unheard of if a Russian claims both).

RestlessSoul

Why do you think that the Palestinians were thrown out of Jordan? Why is it that Egypt doesn’t want the refugees? It’s all in the report

Not at all… just looking at the purpose for what we see. How do you propose to crack down on militants?

I do care… what makes you think I don’t?

If you really care about the seemingly intractable problems of Middle Eastern politics, you need to find better sources than blatantly propagandist videos. A brief overview of Lebanon’s tragic recent history, especially the long civil war, is testament to the fact that none of the players (the Israelis, Syria, displaced Palestinians, the PLO, the Christian Phalangists etc) are innocent.

RestlessSoul

Israel is doing in Gaza what it has to do-- period. Yes, it's brutal, but which war wasn't?

Hamas, under Iran's influence and weaponry, did 10-7 knowing well what Israel would have to do! This should not have been any surprise to anyone familiar with the situation over there which I've seen with my own eyes.

For Israel not to respond in kind, what would stop the thousands of missiles fired into Israel??? If they were fired at your village and your home, would you just stay there and count them? Pray for them to just miraculously go away?

Israel can never trust Hamas and even most Palestinians to in all honesty seek peace, I hate to say. That's not their overall orientation, thus frequent shouts of "From the river to the sea!". If you're an Israeli, how would you take that? How about the massive celebrations in Gaza and other Palestinian areas after hearing of 10-7? Nice peaceful demonstrations? What message does the send?

Anyhow, this post is a one-and-out [at least for a while] as the responses from some here are simply bigoted nonsense.

Israel had to kill upwards of 20,000 women and children in Gaza? Really?

metis

The smart, humane thing would have been to work with the Palestinians to oust and overthrow Hamas and with Israel and the Palestinians working together towards a peaceful future.

Hamas is the duly elected government in Gaza, and it was they, not Israel, that started this. Hamas also built 150 miles of tunnels, some with entrances & exists under schools and hospitals, and yet Israel is the blame for this???

Urban warfare is always tough, but Hamas made it much tougher with what they did with their tunnels and their hide & seek actions. This is Israel's fault? Notta chance.

metis

I strongly believe that Israel had every right to invade Gaza, try to free the hostages and eliminate Hamas as much as possible, but destroying almost the whole Gaza including hospitals whilst cutting water, humanitarian aid, medicine and fuel supplies to civilians, as well as preparing to attack Rafah where one million civilians are cornered and trapped is excessively brutal . And believe me, I like and support Israel, but this revenge is well over the top. That is why almost the whole world is against it now.

It's not revenge-- it's logistics as Hamas built roughly 150 miles of tunnels, so go under schools and hospitals, and they hide and assemble rockets there. Hamas well know what they were doing and how Israel would have to react.

If Hamas were to surrender and release hostages, the violence would stop immediately.