• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving the EU : Practical Benefits

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes, I'm quite familiar with Neonazi scum like him.

I take it you are a Neonazi as well?
Ok...let's drop it.
I just want a different Europe. Europeans have become a tiny irrelevant minority within the world population. And still the EU does nothing to protect us. To preserve us.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Ok...let's drop it.
I just want a different Europe. Europeans have become a tiny irrelevant minority within the world population. And still the EU does nothing to protect us. To preserve us.

The EU is the worlds largest trading bloc and second biggest economy after the US and has a population of a round, 450 million

That is a long long way from being an irrelevant minority

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Those EU Trawlers and Netters can go mess up fish stocks somewhere else.
Our government will be closer and more in touch?

There is a lot you are not being told. Of the 700000 tons landed about 85% is sold to Europe. That will end. Do you think the uk fleet csn survive on 105000 tons?

There is also the problem of fishing waters. Britain looses more than EU.

Your government will be what? At the moment you have boris at the wheel, he's not in touch with reality

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There is a lot you are not being told. Of the 700000 tons landed about 85% is sold to Europe. That will end. Do you think the uk fleet csn survive on 105000 tons?
Yes, it's quite reduced now, and the fish stocks need to be re-established.
Hey.... we might have herring, sprats and cod back soon!

There is also the problem of fishing waters. Britain looses more than EU.
Britain only needs what it has.

Your government will be what? At the moment you have boris at the wheel, he's not in touch with reality
We have elections.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I personally don't want fish being messed up anywhere.
I can't speak for the EU on that, but Britain needs to conserve and replace its depleted fish stocks.

I'd have to see a change of government to comment on that. The current one are not my idea of being closer or in touch (except with themselves and their shady backers).
Brexit isn't about a single government, its about a system.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Yes, it's quite reduced now, and the fish stocks need to be re-established.
Hey.... we might have herring, sprats and cod back soon!

Britain only needs what it has.

We have elections.

Over fishing??? I didnt realise that. I thought they had learned that lesson in the 70s and ,80s
Or you may wish you could fish off Spain.

Not so, britain imports about 50% of its food. And exports to europe are the only thing keeping the meat industry going.

You have already had elections and despite being told he was not fit for the job you still wound up with a buffoon as pm

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Over fishing??? I didnt realise that. I thought they had learned that lesson in the 70s and ,80s
Or you may wish you could fish off Spain.
I'm trying to figure out why Britain's Trawlers would want to motor to Spain and back. They're trying to make a profit.

Especially when protected fish stocks would be here, around our waters.

Not so, britain imports about 50% of its food. And exports to europe are the only thing keeping the meat industry going.
We were talking about fish stocks, I thought. Now you want to ricochet off in to our imports of foods.

You have already had elections and despite being told he was not fit for the job you still wound up with a buffoon as pm
We regularly do..... have elections.
Boris must serve his term and we'll have to see how things turn out.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The EU has been providing peace and prosperity throughout almost 80 years in Europe.
And yet there are still people who cannot forget history.
Which makes me wonder : we should have created an EU based upon peace, good relations, cooperation.
Not a EU based upon banking, Seigniorage and finance.
If we had created a better EU, UK would have remained

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I'm trying to figure out why Britain's Trawlers would want to motor to Spain and back. They're trying to make a profit.

Especially when protected fish stocks would be here, around our waters.

As you said, stocks are quite reduced.

We were talking about fish stocks, I thought. Now you want to ricochet off in to our imports of foods.

Ok, my bad, food doesn't matter
The uk has rebuilt it fishing industry based on marketing their catch in europe. That option will be closed to them reducing their income by about 85%. I wonder how many trawler compares could survive such a loss?

We regularly do..... have elections.
Boris must serve his term and we'll have to see how things turn out.

Just guessing here but there are a lot of right wingers and little brittainers in england. I don't see the government changing at least until the full effects of brexit hit home in people's pockets and larders

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Allied, but segregated. Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer. Right?

Speaking of Austria, Kurz ignores Italy.
Either he helps us defend the Southern border of the EU from the illegal immigration, or he takes some migrants in.

It is Entweder / Oder. Either/or. Tertium non datur. Es gibt kein Drittes.

Is that the European solidarity Austrians thought of, when they joined the EU?
;)

Tambourine

Speaking of Austria, Kurz ignores Italy.
Either he helps us defend the Southern border of the EU from the illegal immigration, or he takes some migrants in.

It is Entweder / Oder. Either/or. Tertium non datur. Es gibt kein Drittes.

Is that the European solidarity Austrians thought of, when they joined the EU?
;)
I can't read other people's thoughts, but speaking for me personally, I find Kurz's foreign policy within the EU to be destructive, short-sighted, and generally execrable.