• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving the crisis center

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm leaving the crisis center today. People smuggle in a lot of drugs on their outings. It's very tempting when I see people strung out on methadone, Klonopin, meth, and even heroin.

Visitors bring in stuff and clients return with two pairs of pants on so that they can pass the pocket check. Also, people tape drugs to various body parts that are not checked.

Ironically, mental health professionals placed me here to keep me sober. I have stayed sober despite the Temptations.

These problems are found in drug rehab, hospitals, and jails/prisons as well.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Many people in this residence are going off to treatment centers, so they want one last hurrah with mind altering chemicals before they enter treatment.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've been to many treatment centers, and ironically, there is more use of drugs there than many other places I've lived.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've been to many treatment centers, and ironically, there is more use of drugs there than many other places I've lived.
It's actually a lot easier to avoid drugs where I currently live, because nobody wants to sell to me anymore because staff watch me like a hawk and interrogate me, and some of them dealing have a conscience and they don't want me to get high because they know what happens.

Jumi

It's actually a lot easier to avoid drugs where I currently live, because nobody wants to sell to me anymore because staff watch me like a hawk and interrogate me, and some of them dealing have a conscience and they don't want me to get high because they know what happens.
I'm quite happy for you. Once you win a tough battle, every day battles will become much easier... don't get complacent though. :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's a strange world we live in.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

It's a strange world we live in.

Yeah. The world is crazily ironic I tell ya. I second that notion. Congrats Pope. Little at a time and keep that point of perspective. Good and healthy.