• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving Jehovah

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jehovah's Witnesses, if there is a way of Jehovah that a person can leave and if it is true that Jehovah has not changed, then the way of Jehovah existed before people did so because the way of people involves sinning, sinning according to the JW's idea of Jehovah is the way of Jehovah.

The way of Jehovah is about being free from sin. Jehovah's Witnesses and I actually agree on that.
If the way of Jehovah, which does not change, is about being free from sin, then sin existed BEFORE sin existed.

Which, of course, is not possible.

djhwoodwerks

I understand that the Jehovah's Witnesses believe they live Jehovah's Way so that to leave their way is to leave Jehovah's Way and that is why they say that people like me have left Jehovah.

But are humans in the image of God? Am I and the way I live the same?

They seem to be saying that Jehovah and Jehovah's way for people are the same.

How can that be? Jehovah is The God Who Is [:D] Of Everness. Which means God is without beginning and without ending.

And, it is written that God does not change. Or, does it? I should do some research.

If God is the same before humans as God is with humans then it follows that there is no "way of Jehovah". There is a way of us and hopefully with Jehovah in the heart.

I understand God is IT which can't be got away from. There is no way away from God.
Therefore, that they say a person can and does leave Jehovah proves to me that they do not know what they are talking about.

djhwoodwerks do you have something to say about that?

IMO, only a cult will tell you if you leave them you are leaving God. Only a cult leader will tell you that God and Jesus completely trusts them. Only a cult will tell you that there is no salvation apart from them. Only a cult leader will tell you they are the only ones God is using. Only a cult will tell you they have the truth, and at the same time tell you that they are still roving about seeking the truth. Only a cult will tell you they are God's true worshipers, but in fact they are a publishing company, a corporation, whose members aren't disciples of Christ, but publishers of the company. Rank and file witnesses are publishers, working for a publishing company, spreading it's propaganda without being paid, and they can't even see it!

Jedster

It seems to me that the Jehovah's Witnesses are being taught that to leave them is to leave Jehovah.
It is what they say about someone who was a Jehovah's Witness but left.
I left them, but I don't believe that I have left Jehovah.
It seems to me that it is not possible to "leave Jehovah".
Is it?

I have yet to meet a single JW who has seen, i.e witnessed Jehova.
I have always thought their title is false advertising.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have yet to meet a single JW who has seen, i.e witnessed Jehova.
I have always thought their title is false advertising.
They believe they are witnesses to the will of Jehovah.
Their job is to tell others that God's will for them is to join themselves to the Christain Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses and they use Bible scriptures to help prove it.

They haven't witnessed Jehovah. They are witnesses for Jehovah as if Jehovah is on trial.
But, they do not see it that way.

Vee

Premium Member
It seems to me that the Jehovah's Witnesses are being taught that to leave them is to leave Jehovah.
It is what they say about someone who was a Jehovah's Witness but left.
I left them, but I don't believe that I have left Jehovah.
It seems to me that it is not possible to "leave Jehovah".
Is it?

I don't know what happened between you and Jehovah's Witnesses and it's really none of my business, but I don't see how writing post after post against our beliefs can be of any help to you. I mean this in the friendliest way possible: if any of us who are JW today decides to leave, it is not going to be because of anything you said. Each one needs to establish his/her path.
If what you learned with us didn't satisfy you, didn't match your expectations or didn't answer your questions, you are free to look elsewhere. You won't find any closure holding a grudge against us.That's only going to hurt you.
I hope you find what you are looking for and that you can put your negative feelings behind you and have a happy life.
If by any chance in the future something makes you decide to come back, I hope the Witness in your area will apply the Bible teachings and welcome you with open arms.
Take care.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can still see in my mind's eye the look on the face of an outstanding JW pioneer when I told her that the governing body can't be right about some people never getting to Heaven.
I wasn't talking about me and didn't even think it.
I was actually thinking about John the Baptist and Daniel. I can't imagine either one of them happy to live forever on the Earth with Jehovah's Witnesses, or anybody for that matter.

I thought, "wow! is it possible your face could do that? I wouldn't believe it, but I saw it".
I didn't tell her so. I know when to shut up. At least I think so.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know what happened between you and Jehovah's Witnesses and it's really none of my business, but I don't see how writing post after work against our beliefs can be of any help to you. I mean this in the friendliest way possible: if any of us who are JW today decides to leave, it is not going to be because of anything you said. Each one needs to establish his/her path.
If what you learned with us didn't satisfy you, didn't match your expectations or didn't answer your questions, you are free to look elsewhere. You won't find any closure holding a grudge against us.That's only going to hurt you.
I hope you find what you are looking for and that you can put your negative feelings behind you and have a happy life.
If by any chance in the future something makes you decide to come back, I hope the Witness in your area will apply the Bible teachings and welcome you with open arms.
Take care.
Thank you. I do not know how it is possible to come back.
You believe Jesus is pictured in Revelation 6:2. I think the one at Revelation 6:2 pictures the antichrists. 1 John 2:18 If I am right and I am not the only one who knows it is not Jesus, then YOU are calling the antichrist "Jesus". Someone couldn't even write a story about you guys. You are too bizarre! Beyond the imagination, imo.

There are other things that you call "the truth" that I will never believe are the truth.

I didn't be a JWs to be satisfied. I went to learn about Jesus Christ. I can't get enough of him even living forever. How can you call it "satisfied"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If what you learned with us didn't satisfy you, didn't match your expectations or didn't answer your questions, you are free to look elsewhere.
You do not know that.

You won't find any closure holding a grudge against us.
OK

That's only going to hurt you.
I wonder how you know that I will be hurt? Does anyone else think it sounds like a threat?
Just so you know, talking isn't always about negative feelings. I personally feel very positive. I wonder why you believe you are right about MY feelings?
Take care.
I am pretty sure they will receive my body* and my money with open arms. My mind, that is not possible.

*another body for the field service, maybe even a car!

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe if possibly calling the antichrist "Jesus" makes you feel negative might it be because it is the opposite of what the Pharisees did? They called Jesus another name for antichrist and opposites are two sides of the same coin.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Anyway, the thread is about according to Jehovah's Witnesses leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses is the same as leaving Jehovah. To me, it sounds like they are calling themselves Jehovah.

And, I shouldn't warn them?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can't stop thinking that warning the Jehovah's Witnesses is a friendly and might I say happy gesture.

Now, I am hearing that I will suffer for it.

I should probably be prepared. Does the governing body know how?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Vee IF Jesus is not pictured at 6:2, but you call that one "Jesus" how is that different than what the Pharisees did? What judgment did Jesus issue toward them?

You are wanting warning* people. Good for you! I am warning you. Bad for me?

*OMG! I love the word! Don't we all?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For you android type people I have to tell you that my mind said "warning" but my fingers said, "wanting". Haha! I love it!