• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leave, Removed, or Dictatorship?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
OK, it's January 20, 2021, and Trump has narrowly lost the election to Whomever. So, what will Trump do on that date: leave on his own free will, or have to be removed possibly by force, or will he start an American dictatorship?

Before answering, please don't knee-jerk this but think it through. I don't have an agenda as I simply do not know what he's likely to do.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OK, it's January 20, 2021, and Trump has narrowly lost the election to Whomever. So, what will Trump do on that date: leave on his own free will, or have to be removed possibly by force, or will he start an American dictatorship?

Before answering, please don't knee-jerk this but think it through. I don't have an agenda as I simply do not know what he's likely to do.
I remember loonie right leaning friends worrying that Obama
would refuse to leave office, & install himself as dictator.
People of all stripes anguish over what's imaginable but highly
unlikely. Is it just to rile up one's fellows in the echo chamber?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it depends a bit on the margin and if there are 'voting anomalies' that could make a difference. I could easily see court cases contesting the election and claims of illegal voting. Such could easily go to the Supremes. If *they* vote against him, I don't see the armed forces backing Trump, so he will have to either step down or be taken down. If the Supremes vote *for* him, that gets into all sorts of other issues, but it has happened before (2000 anyone?).

dianaiad

I think it depends a bit on the margin and if there are 'voting anomalies' that could make a difference. I could easily see court cases contesting the election and claims of illegal voting. Such could easily go to the Supremes. If *they* vote against him, I don't see the armed forces backing Trump, so he will have to either step down or be taken down. If the Supremes vote *for* him, that gets into all sorts of other issues, but it has happened before (2000 anyone?).

Oh, yes.....all those hanging chads.....

Trump would leave. What's more, he won't spend the following four years going to all sorts of speaking engagements whining about how he REALLY won and was cheated out of office.

Mind you, he'll tweet and make life absolutely miserable for the Democrat who gets the office, and wildly entertaining for the rest of us, but he won't pull a Hillary.

There will be a perfectly normal transition from power and he will be dignified and gracious in his parting speech.

When he's out of power he'll go back to his political schtick.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've no idea why people are so alarmist about Trump. He's the US President; he was put there by ballot and he will leave by ballot. So he does things that some people don't like. It's called politics. So he made some vulgar comments. Big deal. Has he set up concentration camps? Death squads? Forced sterilisation? Deported gays, gypsies and the disabled? Has he created a Secret Police? Has he....

These US people need to calm their passion.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Trump would leave. What's more, he won't spend the following four years going to all sorts of speaking engagements whining about how he REALLY won and was cheated out of office.
Uhh, have you not been paying attention? :rolleyes: Whining, playing victim, and craving limelight has been his bread and butter. A prime example of an attention whore/drama queen.

Mind you, he'll tweet and make life absolutely miserable for the Democrat who gets the office, and wildly entertaining for the rest of us, but he won't pull a Hillary.
How exactly would the social media tears of an irrelevant has-been make "life absolutely miserable" for anyone?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It's an immigration detainment camp. It's hardly a concentration camp. The article says this:

'They have tried to prohibit migrants from seeking asylum "if they have resided in a country other than their own before coming to the U.S.",which would essentially eliminate anyone who travelled to the border through Mexico.'

This is not from nowhere; this is from the UN. If you are seeking refuge you stay in the first safe country you come to.

I'm not saying these places are great, but they are definitely not torture camps or anything of the sort. It's border control essentially for a flood of people who come from gang ravaged countries that run drug cartels and other illegal actives. I'd want them vetted too. The article also states many are illegal immigrants because they didn't apply for refuge, they just crossed. This makes them criminals; if you are a criminal, you are held in detention until your case can be reviewed.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've no idea why people are so alarmist about Trump. He's the US President; he was put there by ballot and he will leave by ballot. So he does things that some people don't like. It's called politics. So he made some vulgar comments. Big deal. Has he set up concentration camps? Death squads? Forced sterilisation? Deported gays, gypsies and the disabled? Has he created a Secret Police? Has he....

These US people need to calm their passion.

With proper respect to the points, I think he'd be a bit more credible if he didn't spend four hours a day on Twitter in front of everyone, posting what really amounts to "Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt".

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
With proper respect to the points, I think he'd be a bit more credible if he didn't spend four hours a day on Twitter in front of everyone, posting what really amounts to "Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt".
I think that depends on one's mindset, really. To conservatives, the world is a scary place and strict preventive measures are in order.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
You can't just compare these two. Those camps were created because the US was at war with Japan; in that case it makes all the sense in the world to contain potential spies and saboteurs.
They were an injustice and they still are a n injustice.