• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Learn Biblical Hebrew from an Islamic Scholar. Lesson I.

Terry Sampson

In this lesson, we begin our study of Biblical Hebrew with a brief analysis of Song of Solomon 5:16 by none other than the world-renowned Islamic Scholar, Zakir Naik. [Cf. the ZNT version].
[Warning: buckle your seatbelt, because this is going to be a wild ride through a bit of Naik's world.]

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The Muslims are a little late to the 'Let's use Hebrew scripture to prove Prophetic claims' party. The Christians have been doing it from the start of Christ's message. Well, Jesus was a Jew after all with Messianic claims. The relationship with Islam and Hebrew scriptures is not so straightforward. For centuries Muslims have avoided the Hebrew and Christian scriptures, simply writing them off as corrupted and superseded by the Quran. I'd be interested to hear from Muslims, but it appears to be a relatively recent development for Muslim apologists to use Hebrew scriptures to prove Muhammad in the same way Christians have been doing. The Baha'is unashamedly do exactly the same thing. The attempt to extract the Arabic word Muhammad from the Hebrew book of Solomon's is unconvincing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Clearly Zakir Naik is following in the footsteps of many who screw things up in translation to make the words say what he wants them to say.

Anyone who has studied "the problem of translation" knows how difficult it is when someone is trying to be faithful to the original. Of course it's much worse when someone wants to twist the meaning.