• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leadership and service

Mark Dohle

service3.jpg

Leadership and service

In community life, be it marriage, or a monastery, or even in the workforce, it is service that we are called to. To serve, freely, without compulsion can lead to a sense of purpose, and even of love for those one lives with, or who is a workmate. Those in charge, in fact, if they do a good job, are the greatest servants. I have found that men and women of power, who do care for those they are responsible for, get back one hundred and one percent. It is that ‘one percent’ that is important.-Br.MD

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
View attachment 47990

Leadership and service

In community life, be it marriage, or a monastery, or even in the workforce, it is service that we are called to. To serve, freely, without compulsion can lead to a sense of purpose, and even of love for those one lives with, or who is a workmate. Those in charge, in fact, if they do a good job, are the greatest servants. I have found that men and women of power, who do care for those they are responsible for, get back one hundred and one percent. It is that ‘one percent’ that is important.-Br.MD
I totally agree. I returned to Catholicism after a 20 year hiatus in part because there's more than I can DO within the Church versus where I was before.