• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS resources and study on sexual orientation causes in the brain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Then when you consider that only 26 out of the 195 countries on Earth recognize same-sex marriage - I'm sure that the vast majority of people disagree with same-sex marriage.

So majority rules? At some point I think most of the countries on Earth permitted slavery too. I guess that made it ok by your reasoning?

JesusKnowsYou

So majority rules? At some point I think most of the countries on Earth permitted slavery too. I guess that made it ok by your reasoning?
Why don't you ask @SkepticThinker?

He was the one who claimed that my argument should be ignored because - as he said in Post #97 - "most of the world doesn't seem to agree with" me.

All I did was prove that his claim was wrong.

I never made any argument in support of majority rule.

You'd have known that if you read the comments.

Nice selective outrage though.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Why don't you ask @SkepticThinker?

He was the one who claimed that my argument should be ignored because - as he said in Post #97 - "most of the world doesn't seem to agree with" me.

All I did was prove that his claim was wrong.

I never made any argument in support of majority rule.

You'd have known that if you read the comments.

Nice selective outrage though.
I did read the thread. My response is to you and you alone and is based on what you said.

JesusKnowsYou

Just stop. I didn’t misrepresent anything. I quoted your post and asked a question. One you were unable to answer. If you think I violated a rule then report me and move on.
I already have and you know that you quoted me out of context.

And I answered your question when I told you, "I never made any argument in support of majority rule."

Why do you feel the need to lie and lie about the things that I said?

Why didn't you respond to SkepticThinker's actual argument in support of majority rule?

Isn't it because you have a vendetta against my religion?

It sounds like you are the one that needs to move on.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I already have and you know that you quoted me out of context.

And I answered your question when I told you, "I never made any argument in support of majority rule."

Why do you feel the need to lie and lie about the things that I said?

Why didn't you respond to SkepticThinker's actual argument in support of majority rule?

Isn't it because you have a vendetta against my religion?

It sounds like you are the one that needs to move on.
Hilarious. You deny what I quoted?

I have no vendetta against Mormons. Many of my closest friends are Mormons.

JesusKnowsYou

Hilarious. You deny what I quoted?

I have no vendetta against Mormons. Many of my closest friends are Mormons.
I have already explained to you how you quoted me out of context and about your selective outrage..

I never argued in support of majority rule- while SkepticalThinker did - but you won't say anything to him about that.

I also never said that you had a vendetta against "Mormons" (i.e. Church members) - but against "my religion" (i.e. the organized belief system).

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that you have a vendetta against the Church - it's doctrine, policies and leadership.

Either way - you have been caught again attempting to misrepresent what I had said.

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
I have already explained to you how you quoted me out of context.

I never argued in support of majority rule.

I also never said that you had a vendetta against "Mormons" (i.e. Church members) - but against "my religion" (i.e. the organized belief system).

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that you have a vendetta against the Church - it's doctrine, policies and leadership.

Either way - you have been caught again attempting to misrepresent what I had said.
All false. Nice try.

JesusKnowsYou

I already did. You rejected it. See post 101. Now I’m going to bow out because you seem unable to let go of whatever it is you’re feeling. Bye.
What you claimed was demonstrably false.

Quoting out of context. "Hit and Run" coward tactics. Ad hominem.

Your bread and butter.

Watchmen

Premium Member
What you claimed was demonstrably false.

Quoting out of context. "Hit and Run" coward tactics. Ad hominem.

Your bread and butter.
Post 101.

Shall we pick a topic regarding some aspect of your faith and have a one-on-one debate? Maybe something about Joseph’s child brides? The kinderhook plates? The witnesses to the gold plates? The obvious illegitimacy of the Book of Mormon?

JesusKnowsYou

Post 101.

Shall we pick a topic regarding some aspect of your faith and have a one-on-one debate? Maybe something about Joseph’s child brides? The kinderhook plates? The witnesses to the gold plates? The obvious illegitimacy of the Book of Mormon?
Post #101 is still you quoting me out of context and attempting to misrepresent what I said.

Talking about any of these other things is not going to magically change all that.

I'd be willing to discuss anything about the Church - but my experience with you has taught me that you are not an honest debater.

This is how discussions with you pan out:

- You make a claim - usually based on nothing but your own biases ---> I provide evidence that disproves your claim ---> You claim that my evidence is irrelevant or you simply ignore it ---> I explain that you are being dishonest ---> You attack my character and run away.

So - as long as you are willing to be honest and to discuss only one topic at a time - I'd be willing - but I don't have much hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.