• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS Members should stop this nonsense

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Honestly people.

Stop polarizing yourselves.

Yes it is hard to decide who we should vote for, I'm going to vote for who the Lord wants me to vote for.

I'm going to be fasting and praying to find out. And it may not even matter, Who knows? maybe the Lord will come before election day, WE DO NOT KNOW.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Honestly people.

Stop polarizing yourselves.

Yes it is hard to decide who we should vote for, I'm going to vote for who the Lord wants me to vote for.

I'm going to be fasting and praying to find out. And it may not even matter, Who knows? maybe the Lord will come before election day, WE DO NOT KNOW.

I don't get it. Why don't you just weigh the issues and decide who you think is best? Why is prayer involved? Just THINK! I'm sure the Lord will be ok with whomever you choose. :)

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Elections have nothing to do with God. Madhatter you've got a while before you can escape this place so you probably should make logical decisions rather than rediculous decisions based on the bible. How do you know what God would want? Does he care who you vote for? Does this make you a better person?
The lord will not come for a US election, its just 2 people against each other, just like every other US election. Nothing much will change, all i'd pray for if i was you is for them to make good decisions for the einvironment.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
My two cents on what ya should do is use your head and accompany that with prayer.

See... you guyzzz, LDS have this awsome burning in the tummy that they get when they pray sometimes about decisions. I think it is an overall aid to focus on the issues you are praying about.

But on the other hand, I would hope that the Lord wants you to use the head he blessed you with as well. Doing nothing but relying on that burny-fuzzy feeling would be bad...

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Elections have nothing to do with God. Madhatter you've got a while before you can escape this place so you probably should make logical decisions rather than rediculous decisions based on the bible. How do you know what God would want? Does he care who you vote for? Does this make you a better person?
The lord will not come for a US election, its just 2 people against each other, just like every other US election. Nothing much will change, all i'd pray for if i was you is for them to make good decisions for the einvironment.

#1 I don't make decisions based on the Bible.

#2 The Lord wont come FOR the election, I said he could possibly come BEFORE.

#3 Yes the Lord does answer prayers, he does guide us as to what is best for us and our family, And if electing a certain person into the Oval office will have a negative impact on my family then i'm sure the Lord will let me know.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
The only person I see in line with my values is Sarah Palin, other than Mitt of course, but he's out of the race, FOR NOW. He'll be back !!! :eek:

Sarah Palin on the Issues

a few statements of hers which i cannot stand.

Opposes stem cell research. (Aug 2008) (which is stupid considering the possibilities for medicine.

Choose life, even if her own daughter were raped. (Nov 2006) (absolutely outrageous. If my daughter wanted to keep it that's up to her unless he's too young to make her own legal decisions)

Firm believer in free market capitalism. (Nov 2006) (free trade is what killed our economy in the first place)

If legislature passed death penalty law, I would sign it. (Nov 2006) (i'm against the death penalty)

17-year-old unmarried daughter is 5 months pregnant. (Sep 2008) (if she can't even control her daughter how does she expect to control anything else?)

Other than that i like what she has to say.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
17-year-old unmarried daughter is 5 months pregnant. (Sep 2008) (if she can't even control her daughter how does she expect to control anything else?)

I am in no way endorsing Sarah Palin because I think her stand on everything is TERRIBLE, but that's a cheap shot and really has nothing to do with her ability to lead. Besides, raising kids isn't a matter of controlling them. (And no, I don't have to be a parent to get that:p)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Didn't Sarah Palin's church's website say some negitive things about Mormons? I seen the link around here on RF somewhere.

FFH

Veteran Member
a few statements of hers which i cannot stand.

Opposes stem cell research. (Aug 2008) (which is stupid considering the possibilities for medicine.
I'm opposed to stem cell research.

Choose life, even if her own daughter were raped. (Nov 2006) (absolutely outrageous. If my daughter wanted to keep it that's up to her unless he's too young to make her own legal decisions)
Do we really have the right to interfere with God's infinite wisdom in sending a spirit to earth according to his divine time and circumstances ???

Is a spirit born of rape any less important than one born in wedlock ???

Firm believer in free market capitalism. (Nov 2006) (free trade is what killed our economy in the first place)
I am a firm believer in capitalism.

If legislature passed death penalty law, I would sign it. (Nov 2006) (i'm against the death penalty)
Christ did say to forgive and we no longer live under Mosaic law, so she may need to rethink what she believes, which is out of line with her religious beliefs.

"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God".

We live in troubled times, is it really the kids fault or societies, for cranking out kids who are taught to not trust in a God ??

I'm sure Sarah and her husband did the best they could with their kids, but kids mess up. Look at our first parents, Adam and Eve, they had a kid named Cain who messed up.

She will most definitely be a bright positive light in a VERY darkened world.

We will bring our children up in "light and truth" very soon. Christ will reign on earth and "the government will be upon his shoulder", but until then, we need to make the best of it and call upon God to help those in government to do the right thing.

Last edited:

UnityNow101

She will most definitely be a bright positive light in a VERY darkened world.

Yeah, she sounded EXTREMELY positive in her speech last night.:rolleyes: She belittled Barack Obama at every opportunity in a way that seemed anything but positive. What is wrong with being a community organizer? And to lie to the people and tell them that Barack is going to raise their taxes, when his plan is to decrease taxes for those making less than $250,000 per year. Who was she speaking for? The Big Oil Executives?

FFH

Veteran Member
Yeah, she sounded EXTREMELY positive in her speech last night.:rolleyes: She belittled Barack Obama at every opportunity in a way that seemed anything but positive. What is wrong with being a community organizer? And to lie to the people and tell them that Barack is going to raise their taxes, when his plan is to decrease taxes for those making less than $250,000 per year. Who was she speaking for? The Big Oil Executives?
She will help change things for he better, just give it time.

I'm sure Obama is a nice guy and would try and help the poor and middle class, Clinton did a great job economically for our country. The democrats seem to be able to quickly turn things around economically, but does Obama really have the power to change men's hearts ??? Only a woman seems to be able to have that kind of influence.

Obama can try and change things, but will he really be able to ???

Nothing like a woman to clean house !! The White House !!!

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Sexist.

Sexist.

:clap
Hey, I'm all for a woman in the White House, and if she can't change things, then let's give Mitt, a Mormon, a chance.

Never underestimate the power of a woman in charge. :D

The men have failed, so let Sarah have at it, she can change things, I believe.

Have you not seen my threads about Mary (Mother of Jesus), Saint Birgitta of Sweden, etc. ???

The Revelations of Saint Bridget (Birgitta) of Sweden

Garabandal, Spain ~ Mary Apparitions 1961-1965

Medjugorje Mary Messages to Mirjana

Miracle of Fatima

Never underestimate the influence of a righteous woman. Many women in history and the Bible are great examples to me, including my wife.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
One of my all time favorite movies...

This version is great

Joan of Arc / Jeanne d'Arc / Johanna of Orleans - Trailer

pixel-vfl73.gif

Joan of Arc (Leelee Sobieski as Joan of Arc)

Joan of arc (Moya brenna) - Change my world

Sarah Palin may be the Joan of Arc of our time, standing up to those who think they are in charge. I just hope and pray she doesn't end up losing her life.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
More modern day religious woman of influence in my life.

Julie Bangerter Beck

Myrna Nazzour (Syrian Christian Stigmatist)

God uses all types of religious women of influence, Sarah Palin is no different, just a different denomination (Assemblies of God), whom I greatly respect.

They're all precious in the Lord's sight, and are being mightely used of God.

Never underestimate the power of one woman to change things...

Biblical Story of Esther

One Night With The King Part 1

Last edited: