• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS Entertainers

FFH

Veteran Member
Okay that was then, this is now...

Dishwalla was formed in 1992. Scot Alexander, the bassist, is a member of the Church. He writes a lot of the music including their hit "Counting Blue Cars" .

Scott told Famousmormons.net : "I think it's very positive for them (The Youth) to see that you can be LDS and out in the entertainment/sports whatever industry and still uphold our standards and make a positive influence as a result."
They released thier4th studio album in March of 05' (titled simply Dishwalla). Scot is a Sunbeam teacher . He is married with
4 kids.

From this link: Famous LDS musicians

Dishwalla - Counting Blue Cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpvcsP-v4ho

Dishwalla - Every Little Thing

Dishwalla - Give

FFH

Veteran Member
I've met and spoken with their (The Jests') father (who is caucasion) and their mother (who is Tongan)..

Their father approached me in the grocery store, out of the blue, it was weird....he was selling mutual funds in a multi-level marketing biz and approached me as we were standing at the checkout bagging our groceries at Food 4 Less.. He said I'm the father of the Jets, do you know them. I said yeah, of course, luv their stuff...

We talked in the parking lot for a while and exchanged experiences and advice on day trading and stocks in general, later we also talked over the phone. He helped me out a lot. He's a really really great guy...

He gave me some advice based on the scripture that goes something like this "It's only upon the principles of righteousness that men prosper"...

Basically he said if I want to make money in the stock market, or prosper in any other endeavor, It's, of course, absolutly necessary to obey all the principles which pertain to righteousness, before I or anyone else will prosper in anything we set our minds to do..

My companion in the MTC was Tongan. They (Tongans) are a strong LDS community in and of themselves, they take care of their own...

These guys are all LDS, no urban legends here...

Flashback to the 80's

The Jets - Crush On You

Great song

The Jets - Make It Real

The Jets - Rocket 2 U -- [STEREO]

Probably their best one

The Jets - You Got It All