1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured LDS Church Makes 'Surprise' Change on LGBT Issues

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by idea, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Katzpur

Katzpur Not your average Mormon

Ratings:
    +5,556
    Religion:
    LDS Christian
    Honestly, it sounds like you do not -- in principle -- consider the Church's leadership to be infallible, but that -- in practice -- you do. I would like to actually engage you in a lengthy (I suppose that's what it would end up being) discussion concerning both the priesthood ban and the policies concerning LGBT couples (perhaps in a one-on-one debate), but I am leaving town for an overseas trip the day after tomorrow and simply don't have the time until I get back. In a one-on-one, we won't be bothered by everybody else who would like to offer their opinions and I trust we can both remain entirely civil despite our differences of opinion. What do you say?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Prestor John

Prestor John Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Latter-Day Saint
    Sounds sweet.

Where are you headed?

3. idea

idea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +489
    Religion:
    seeker
    Add polygamy onto the list, as well as early church history - like this https://listverse.com/2015/04/08/10-dark-secrets-of-mormon-history/

Also, translation of the Book of Abraham, Kinderhook plates Joseph Smith's Kinderhook Plates

this Joseph Smith's Greek Psalter Translation

just click on the titles, and go through everything in http://www.mormonthink.com and see what you can add to it.

I am headed out of the country too for a bit :)
    Read everyone later.

4. Prestor John

Prestor John Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Religion:
    Latter-Day Saint
    When the Brethren act in unison, with a unanimous voice, it is the will of the Lord.

I'm not going to read through several links.

You present your case and I will asses it.