• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawsuit over Trumps taxes

Riders

Hes filing lawsuits against the State of New York to not have his tax records seen by the state of New York or oversight committee .Apparently he's mad at everyone a bunch of law suits were filed by him. Hes not going to stop anything but its interesting no? Why so freaked out about your taxes being shown?I personally think hes in trouble and freaking out over it.
Trump Sues House Panel, New York Officials to Protect State Tax Returns

Neutral Name

Hes filing lawsuits against the State of New York to not have his tax records seen by the state of New York or oversight committee .Apparently he's mad at everyone a bunch of law suits were filed by him. Hes not going to stop anything but its interesting no? Why so freaked out about your taxes being shown?I personally think hes in trouble and freaking out over it.

Oh yes! I was waiting for this to happen. New Yorkers don't take no s***. I was waiting for AG Letitia James to come through. She said she would and I believed her.

P.S. I'm from New York State

Ponder This

The Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee said he didn't want to use this new New York State Law to get Trump's tax returns because it would complicate the legality of the House Ways and Means Committee to acquire Trump's Federal Tax Returns. The reason it would complicate matters is that the New York State Law was passed specifically to target Trump. Recall that the House Ways and Means Committee claimed that it was only interested in Trump's returns for legitimate apolitical reasons. Using the New York State Law would destroy the House Ways and Means Committee's case to acquire Trump's Tax Returns and instead involve them in this easily predicted new lawsuit Trump launched against the blatantly political New York State Law.

Question: Do you believe the House Ways and Means Committee is only interested in Trump's Tax Returns for legitimate apolitical reasons?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee said he didn't want to use this new New York State Law to get Trump's tax returns because it would complicate the legality of the House Ways and Means Committee to acquire Trump's Federal Tax Returns. The reason it would complicate matters is that the New York State Law was passed specifically to target Trump. Recall that the House Ways and Means Committee claimed that it was only interested in Trump's returns for legitimate apolitical reasons. Using the New York State Law would destroy the House Ways and Means Committee's case to acquire Trump's Tax Returns and instead involve them in this easily predicted new lawsuit Trump launched against the blatantly political New York State Law.

Question: Do you believe the House Ways and Means Committee is only interested in Trump's Tax Returns for legitimate apolitical reasons?

Politics will always be part of the motive, but I too am uncomfortable with rewriting laws just to "get someone".

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Law was passed specifically to target Trump.
To be precise the law was passed to target the President of the United States. This will apply to anyone who is President, and it will not apply to Trump when he is not President.

And the Ways and Means committee absolutely has valid oversight and legislative reasons for getting these tax returns.