• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lawsuit by Benghazi families targeting Hillary Clinton dismissed by federal judge

tytlyf

Not Religious
A federal judge on Friday dismissed a lawsuit brought against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton by relatives of two Americans killed during the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya.

Mrs. Clinton neither enabled the Benghazi attack by using her now-infamous private email server nor defamed its victims’ parents afterwards, U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled Friday in Washington, D.C., casting aside claims raised on behalf of parents of slain State Department information officer Sean Smith and late CIA operative Tyrone Woods.

Why are they continuing to beat this phony scandal? Let it go people, the video was related, there was nothing wrong with having a private email server and Clinton never called this woman a 'liar.' See what people believed before the election? Disinformation. I'm sure some people changed their vote based on this disinformation.
pat_smith.png

Hillary Clinton cleared of Benghazi lawsuit brought by victims’ parents
Checking Patricia Smith's claims about Clinton and Benghazi

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why are they continuing to beat this phony scandal? Let it go people, the video was related, there was nothing wrong with having a private email server and Clinton never called this woman a 'liar.' See what people believed before the election? Disinformation. I'm sure some people changed their vote based on this disinformation.
View attachment 17766

Hillary Clinton cleared of Benghazi lawsuit brought by victims’ parents
Checking Patricia Smith's claims about Clinton and Benghazi
Anyone can file a lawsuit.
And grieving families would be least likely to let it go, & not
so clear headed on this one's being doomed from the start.
It was proper to dismiss it, whatever role she had.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What would her motivation be, to lie?
What does it matter weather the demonstration was pre-planned or spontaneous? The results would have been the same.
Did Clinton author and broadcast the video?
What should she have done differently, to avoid these deaths?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What would her motivation be, to lie?
What does it matter weather the demonstration was pre-planned or spontaneous? The results would have been the same.
Did Clinton author and broadcast the video?
What should she have done differently, to avoid these deaths?
If you're asking me, I don't know.
The benghazi incident never seemed significant enuf to
be worth my fully understanding (not a factor in my vote).

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Just airing some questions. Not directed at anyone in particular.
I've always been confused about what all the brouhaha was about.
If I had to wager a guess, it might have had something to do with the Republicans trying to play hard-ball party politics against the Obama admin. No proof or evidence, just a thought.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If I had to wager a guess, it might have had something to do with the Republicans trying to play hard-ball party politics against the Obama admin. No proof or evidence, just a thought.
There was plenty of evidence.
Whether it qualified as proof or not is a different question.

I saw it as a brazen lie on the part of Republicans determined to retake power in the White House. They cared more about that than honesty or the good of the USA. I saw it as another episode in the vein of the Clinton Impeachment Circus, Swiftboat, Birtherism, and government shutdowns to undo RomneyCare, only this time the lies and hypocrisy were directed at Hillary.
This sort of unAmerican partisanship is why I won't even consider voting for a Republican for the foreseeable future, despite finding the Democratic party icky.
Tom

Daemon Sophic

There was plenty of evidence.
Whether it qualified as proof or not is a different question.

I saw it as a brazen lie on the part of Republicans determined to retake power in the White House. They cared more about that than honesty or the good of the USA. I saw it as another episode in the vein of the Clinton Impeachment Circus, Swiftboat, Birtherism, and government shutdowns to undo RomneyCare, only this time the lies and hypocrisy were directed at Hillary.
This sort of unAmerican partisanship is why I won't even consider voting for a Republican for the foreseeable future, despite finding the Democratic party icky.
Tom
Agreed.
Modern Democrats are about as icky as Republicans were at the end of the 1970s, because they have swung so very far right. Whereas the Republicans today haven't just gone over the starboard side....they have swum for the shore and hiked inland, into serious crazy-ville.....where they've been camping for the last 35 years.

Ladies and gentlemen: The president of the United States.
ApocalypseNow_Thailand_Tongdee-9.jpg

(he's even painted orange)​

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yep, and there were roughly 10 Benghazi investigations, and not a single one came up with any smoking gun involving Hillary. But that didn't stop the likes of Fox, Limbaugh, and Breitbart, and their gullible followers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If you're asking me, I don't know.
The benghazi incident never seemed significant enuf to
be worth my fully understanding (not a factor in my vote).
On some show with some interview, the host interviewed on of the troops fighting "on-scene," and he talked about some orders he thought were bad, some orders that were blatantly ignored by some para-military who were former military and said damn the orders because they didn't apply to them anyways and they were going to go in to assist their comrades (this guy was one of the para-military people if I remember correctly), and nothing about Hillary until the host of the show mentioned it and the guy said she had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The embassy had asked for more security but the Republican controlled congress turned them down.
The Republicans then proceeded to blame the whole affair on Clinton and has since spent millions of taxpayer dollars in multiple investigations, which found nothing substantial. They did, however, manage to keep Clinton in the public eye with endless criticism and denunciations. The public no doubt figured with so much smoke there must be a fire somewhere, and her support dropped significantly.
And now we have Trump as president.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And now we have Trump as president.
Too bad the Dems don't have the same level of Machiavellian "get it done" fervor the Republicans had. It sounds good to "play nice and fair," but if there is one lesson about politics to take from Game of Thrones and that is that honor caused the honorable Ned Stark to loose his head.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Too bad the Dems don't have the same level of Machiavellian "get it done" fervor the Republicans had. It sounds good to "play nice and fair," but if there is one lesson about politics to take from Game of Thrones and that is that honor caused the honorable Ned Stark to loose his head.
Lying to the public and using public airwaves to get the propaganda out isn't something democrats do.