• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laughably bad dubs?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay so in todays world of international entertainment, shows, movies and even books need translations in order to reach worldwide appeal.
But that doesn’t always go the best route.

A very easy example is the rather infamous dubbing of various animes by the company 4Kids from back in the day. Dumbing things down to be “suitable” for children and even having actual clumsy translations.
Mocked and sometimes even somewhat fondly remembered by fans of early dubs of shows like DBZ, the company has a long running reputation for being an embarrassment to the art of dubbing.

Having grown up on Bollywood and being somewhat bilingual I know all too well the affect of lazy dubs and sometimes even subs.
Mu cousins and I would watch awful subs of TV shows and movies from Bollywood and laugh at their awful translations.
Sometimes I would “properly” translate such media to two of my younger cousins who didn’t speak any Hindi and relied on said dubs/subs

But I thought, let’s laugh together.

What are some laughably bad translations of media you have encountered?
Maybe it made you angry. Maybe it made you laugh.
Even though this is in movies, I’m willing to be broad with the media. Books, tv, manga, whatever goes.

Come on, let’s all shake our heads at translators who should have known better

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How could anyone forget Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. The entire movie was based upon bad dubbing. That being said, here is perhaps the most epic fight scene in the entire movie with no dubbing: