• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latter-day Saints

dan

It seems by your method of debate that you would pick a subject that I have little knowledge of and ask me prove the opposite of it, how do you hope to prove anything by that?

I'm just pointing out the fact that your research on the subject of the veracity of the claim of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is far from comprehensive. It lacks in many areas. All you do is collect the work that others have purported to have proven and you seal your testimony to it, pawning it off as truth. If you would consider the evidence that you provide with half the bigoted zeal with which you attack me you would find it flawed, biased and completely contrary to everything that Christ asks of us in relation to our dealings with each other. I do not attack you; you attack me. I defend; you are on the offensive. I do not tell you that you are going to hell; you tell me I'm going to hell. I have yet to tell you your faith is lacking; you have ceased to mock and deride my faith. You've even told me I worship Satan. Show me where I have made a remark even slightly similar to such a scathing rebuke. I have not even asked of what faith you are; you have belittled and made fun of the belief that saved my life and changed me forever. Christ weeps when people do those things and presume to do it in His name. I have yet to paste anything or even look anything up in my entire debate with you, but all you present are the weak arguments of others, and you whine and moan when I tell you it is wrong. Quit being a baby and stand up for what YOU believe and not what these bigots breastfeed you about my church.

How many people did joseph smith heal?

Thousands. He even brought a man back from the dead. It's all very well documented, and I could provide documentation if you asked for it, but you would not believe it. You're conclusions were made long before the church entered your life and there's not a thing any man on this earth can do to open your eyes. Only you can stop the hatred. Have I once told you that your beliefs were not enough to get you into heaven? No, I have not, because I believe that we will all be judged according to how we live up to the light and knowledge we receive in this life. There will be Buddhists, Catholcis, Taoists and Jehovah's Witnesses that are much better off than me in the next life because of their righteousness. I don't know what kind of person you are, but you seem to think your internet connection provides you with omniscience in judging my thoughts, intentions and worthiness. I hope you see how much of a hypocrite that makes you look like. When you can respond like a Christian I'll continue with me proofs of the Book of Mormon. We haven't even gotten to the good ones yet.

KBC1963

As you wish Dan,
I don't believe that the saints changed you any more than what you were able to change on your own, most religions can trigger the same change if you believe in them, but if you have made a change for the better in this life that is great, my worries center on making it to the next one.

My method of rebuke may not be to your liking but to say its unchristian, hmmm what might CHRIST himself have said?

Mt 23:27
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Mt 23:28
Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Mt 23:33
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

He must be unchritian too then huh.

If you follow a religion and its beliefs are wrong then your eternal life will be the sacrifice, how intent should I be if I see anyone throwing away thier life without a solid scripture based reason for what they follow? didn't the apostles teach that your belief should be backed by scripture?

Ac 17:11
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

thou shalt live by every word of the mouth of GOD not by convincing words of man, you should look back on the topics we did work with and see if you can come up with any scriptural evidences that I may be incorrect and not just base your belief on what the followers of joseph smith have breastfed you. If you truly love GOD and want to live in the next life you will seek his truth wherever it may be found and above all you must weed out those things that man has woven into most religions.
I have based every bit of what I say on the words of GOD and have peeled off the traditional beliefs of man that have followed the bible from its earliest times hence the reason I don't ascribe to any of todays modernized religions, I can't stress enough how hard one should search for the truth of GOD and not accept blindly whatever is taught no matter how good and wholesome it may seem because just as satan came up with a very plausible arguement for eve to disobey GOD in the garden so has he influenced men ever since that time with even more deviously plotted arguments for us not to obey GOD and I must say that after almost 6,000 years of practice he is sometimes extremely hard to pinpoint in some things.

Try and picture us both standing before GOD and answering for our beliefs what would you tell him if he said your religion was wrong?
would you say that it all seemed right and based on chiasmus you signed over your soul to the beliefs taught by that religion?
If I were asked by GOD about what I have done I would say "just as it was written, I have followed whatever your words were to the best of my understanding and none of mans, and should I somehow be found wrong then I would be comforted knowing that I did all I could to obey what I understood that came directly from him alone.

KBC1963

To all who may read this thread at another time if anyone can come up with any scripture based argument that would disprove any of my assertion here feel free to answer to any of the arguments that have been worked with here and I will check every so often to see if anything is brought forth.