• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latin American spiritual master Samael Aun Weor on the nature of dreams...

ajay0

An insightful article by Latin American spiritual master Samael Aun Weor on the nature of dreams....

Useless Dreams

I acknowledge that the most important thing is to stop dreaming, since indeed, dreams are nothing other than mere projections of the mind and are, therefore, illusions; they are worthless.

It is precisely the ego who projects dreams, and obviously, those dreams are useless.

We need to transform the subconsciousness into consciousness. We need to radically eliminate not only dreams, but moreover, we must also eliminate the very possibility of dreaming, and this is difficult, since it is unquestionable that such a possibility will always exist so long as subjective elements continue to exist within our psyche.

We need a mind that does not project; we need to exhaust the process of thinking. The projector-mind projects dreams, and these are vain and illusory. When I talk about the mind as being a projector, I am not referring merely to "projects," such as the ones made by an engineer who sketches or designs the blueprints for a building, a bridge, or a road, no; when I am talking about the mind as a projector, I am addressing the mind of every intellectual animal. It is clear that the subconsciousness always projects not only houses, buildings, or things of the sort; to be clear, it also projects its own memories, its own desires, its own emotions, passions, ideas, experiences, etc. Again, the projector-mind projects dreams, and it is clear that projections will exist as long as the subconsciousness continues to exist. When the subconsciousness ceases to exist, when it has been transformed into consciousness, then projections cease, they can no longer exist, they disappear.

If we want to attain authentic illumination, then it is necessary and urgent to transform the subconsciousness into consciousness. Indubitably, such a transformation is only possible by annihilating the subconsciousness. Yet, the subconsciousness is the ego; so then, we must annihilate the ego, the "I", the myself, the self-willed. Yes, this is how the subconsciousness is transformed into consciousness. Consequently, it is necessary for the subconsciousness to cease to exist, so that the objective, real, and true consciousness can appear and occupy its place.

In other words, as long as any subjective element - as insignificant as it might be - continues to exist within each one of us, here and now, the possibility of dreaming will persist; however, when the subjective elements are terminated, when not a single subjective element lingers within our psyche, then the outcome is objective consciousness, authentic and true illumination.

Thus, an individual who possesses objective consciousness, who has eliminated the subconsciousness, lives completely awakened within the supersensible worlds, and while his physical body sleeps in the bed, he will move in those worlds willingly: seeing, hearing, and perceiving the great realities of the superior worlds.

Therefore, it is one thing to go about within the hypersensible worlds with objective consciousness, in other words, with awakened consciousness, and it is another to do so in a subjective or subconscious state, in other words, by going around projecting dreams.

Lo and behold the great difference between the one who goes around projecting dreams within those hypersensible regions, and the one who lives there without making any projections, who has his consciousness completely awakened, illuminated, in a state of a super-exalted vigilance. Obviously, the latter is truly an enlightened one, and can (if he wishes) investigate the mysteries of life and death and know all of the enigmas of the universe.

A certain author states somewhere that dreams are nothing other than disguised ideas, and if this statement is factual, we then can clarify this matter a little more by stating that "dreams are projections of the mind" and therefore, are false and vain; thus, whosoever lives awakened no longer dreams.

Without having died within themselves, without having annihilated the ego, the "I", the myself, no one can live awakened; this is why I want all of you brothers and sisters to occupy yourselves with the disintegration of your egos, because only thus, by disintegrating your terrible legion, can you be radically awakened.

Last edited: