• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest threat to the island of Jersey

Niblo

Premium Member
I hear some episodes are not so good. We will see soon enough, perhaps.

It was liver and kidney for schools dinners that gave me my revulsion for it

Will keep me eye out on the Picard. As for school dinners...I was a food monitor (server) at my secondary boys' school; with a family friend who worked in the kitchen. My table was always well stocked, and many's the time I could barely walk after stuffing myself! But not on offal. My favourite pudding was jam roly-poly, and custard. Yummy!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Will keep me eye out on the Picard. As for school dinners...I was a food monitor (server) at my secondary boys' school; with a family friend who worked in the kitchen. My table was always well stocked, and many's the time I could barely walk after stuffing myself! But not on offal. My favourite pudding was jam roly-poly, and custard. Yummy!

Oh yes that jam rolly polly with the hard crust. I have never learned how they managed that

Niblo

Premium Member
Snails are ok, but can leave an aftertaste. My first taste was snail porridge in the UK. I've had snail soup and i do (actually instruct hubby to do*) snails as a side when holding a bbq

* It seems bbqs are the male domain,

Ychhhhhhhh yyyyyyy fiiiiiiii!

Niblo

Premium Member
Oh yes that jam rolly polly with the hard crust. I have never learned how they managed that

We also used to have a flat pastry with jam and custard....hard enough to have the name of a dentist on every slice. Very difficult to cut with a spoon, and messy when bits shot off the plate and onto floor, lap and table. Great fun, though

ChristineM

Premium Member
We also used to have a flat pastry with jam and custard....hard enough to have the name of a dentist on every slice. Very difficult to cut with a spoon, and messy when bits shot off the plate and onto floor, lap and table. Great fun, though

Ha, ha, we always tried to angle it to hit the teacher who was lucky enough to get dinner supervisor duty

I was discussing central school kitchens on another thread a few days ago. Sounds like your school was also fed from a central depot that catered for all the schools for miles around.

Niblo

Premium Member
Ha, ha, we always tried to angle it to hit the teacher who was lucky enough to get dinner supervisor duty

I was discussing central school kitchens on another thread a few days ago. Sounds like your school was also fed from a central depot that catered for all the schools for miles around.

Central depot is right. A van arrived daily...don't know from where. Certainly not local. When I became school captain (there's posh!) I used to supervise the unloading...with the driver, of course. Naturally, that meant even more stuff for my table. Lads used to beg and squirm to join us. My choice, of course. Ahhh, the power!

ChristineM

Premium Member
Central depot is right. A van arrived daily...don't know from where. Certainly not local. When I became school captain (there's posh!) I used to supervise the unloading...with the driver, of course. Naturally, that meant even more stuff for my table. Lads used to beg and squirm to join us. My choice, of course. Ahhh, the power!

Glad i avoided all that tin pot hitler stuff