• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest threat to the island of Jersey

Niblo

Premium Member

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It certainly does have its place......in the bin :eek:.

I dont normally watch Jamie and Jimmies Friday night feast but i did last night because i am a fan of Patrick Stewart.

He made a chicken mole enchilada that i really do have to try.

Niblo

Premium Member
I dont normally watch Jamie and Jimmies Friday night feast but i did last night because i am a fan of Patrick Stewart.

He made a chicken mole enchilada that i really do have to try.

Big fan of Patrick Steward myself. Have started to watch 'Picard'. Looks promising.

By the way, I once had an uncle who - I was told as a kid - would scoff every bit of a chicken except feathers and beak. Fried, roasted or boiled. Never witnessed this, but since the grown-ups spoke of it....it must be true :)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Big fan of Patrick Steward myself. Have started to watch 'Picard'. Looks promising.

By the way, I once had an uncle who - I was told as a kid - would scoff every bit of a chicken except feathers and beak. Fried, roasted or boiled. Never witnessed this, but since the grown-ups spoke of it....it must be true :)

Not seen any Picard we have freesat only, mostly for the kids.

I will eat most things and face had some strange and quirky food but I won't eat offal, that is difficult living here, gizards are a traditional dish

Niblo

Premium Member
Not seen any Picard we have freesat only, mostly for the kids.

I will eat most things and face had some strange and quirky food but I won't eat offal, that is difficult living here, gizards are a traditional dish

Shame (Picard). As for offal.....not a chance. Forced to eat liver and kidney as a child, but yuck! Can't take it in any form.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Shame (Picard). As for offal.....not a chance. Forced to eat liver and kidney as a child, but yuck! Can't take it in any form.

I hear some episodes are not so good. We will see soon enough, perhaps.

It was liver and kidney for schools dinners that gave me my revulsion for it

ChristineM

Premium Member
OMG!
I'd almost managed to forget that.

My mom made chicken gizzards(and hearts) in some kind of sauce and put it over rice.

But at least she didn't make me eat snails.
Tom

Snails are ok, but can leave an aftertaste. My first taste was snail porridge in the UK. I've had snail soup and i do (actually instruct hubby to do*) snails as a side when holding a bbq

* It seems bbqs are the male domain, why is this?