• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest threat to the island of Jersey

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Put up pictures of Colonel Sanders from his dating game.

5d8bd6742e22af48ba108351.jpeg

exchemist

Veteran Member

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But, but, but, you can EAT chickens. The solution is simple, surely. Catch, kill and eat the damned things, one by one.

I completely agree. It was my solution in post 14, i really enjoy roast chicken with all the trimmings.

But a thought, chances are they are past their 60 day prime so maybe boiled chicken...

exchemist

Veteran Member
I completely agree. It was my solution in post 14, i really enjoy roast chicken with all the trimmings.

But a thought, chances are they are past their 60 day prime so maybe boiled chicken...
Yes coq au vin or boiled, after hanging a bit, since if they are wild they will be tough to eat immediately. But I bet they will be delicious if intelligently prepared. We used to get "boiling fowl" when I was a child in the 60s - very economical and tasty, actually.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes coq au vin or boiled, after hanging a bit, since if they are wild they will be tough to eat immediately. But I bet they will be delicious if intelligently prepared. We used to get "boiling fowl" when I was a child in the 60s - very economical and tasty, actually.

Tasty indeed

Stanyon

WWMRD?
There is your answer to help feed the homeless in Jersey for a while, deer roadkill that are suitable are often tagged and processed to feed the homeless and those in need around here at food banks.

Good-Ole-Rebel

That's what you get for messing with T-Rex.

That dog probably has never seen a chicken. Poor dog. He doesn't know what he can do. But once he kills one, and gets that taste of blood in his mouth, and chicken, you won't be able to stop him from killin chickens.

It's hard for me to imagine chickens being a problem. Everything here eats chicken. I used to free range chickens, and everyday, I mean everyday, there were less chickens.

Hawks, chicken snakes, possums, coyotes, bobcat, dogs, owls etc. etc.

Good-Ole-Rebel

The birds roam the island in packs as much as 100 strong and are waking people, tearing up gardens and terrorising joggers.

While it's unfortunate about the gardens and it's somewhat annoying to be woken up by loud noises, the fact that they terrorise joggers means they are certainly doing more good than bad. I vote to keep them.

:runner::rooster::rooster::rooster::rooster::rooster::rooster::rooster::rooster::rooster::rooster::rooster: