• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Will and Testament of God

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Kemosloby,
There is much to your question. Let me try to explain this to you.
After Adam and Eve sinned against God, they went back to the dust from where they came, Genesis 3:19. At that time there was no hope for mankind, they would just stay dead. God did not want for all people to have no hope so He decided to send His son Jesus to give his life as a Ransom Sacrifice so that dead ones could be resurrected back to life. First God started with the Mosaic Law Covenant that was a shadow of Jesus, Hebrews 10:1. This Covenant was instituted with the Blood of goats and bulls, which did not forgive sins completely, but God allowed these sacrifices to keep God from carrying out the penalty of death by looking forward to the time that Jesus would come to earthto sacrifice his life for all who would believe in him, and follow his commandments. This is summed up in what is called, the Gospel in Miniature, John 3:16.
God never wanted sacrifices, He really wanted obedience, not sacrifices, so God sent His son to give his life so as to stop the rule of sacrificing for sins. Jesus' blood would cover all of mankind's sin's if they believe in him. This new way, The Christian way wswritten on the hearts of believers so that their sins would not be charged to them because Jesus had died for all who would take advantage of this great gift. Jesus gave his fleshly body for our sins, so that if we die we can be resurrected, and if we are alive when Jesus returns, we do not have to ever die, Hebrews 2:9, 2Corinthians 5:14,15, John 5:28,29. Jesus died for us so that we can get back what Adam and Eve lost for us, everlasting life, 1Timothy 2:4,5, Matthew 20:28.

That doesn't make sense because God could have simply raised them from the dead if he wanted to. I believe there is another meaning.

Milton Platt

To my children who love me, you shall inherit the Kingdom of God.

Why did Jesus have to die?

Hebrews 9:15 Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Hebrews 9:16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to establish the death of the one who made it,

A will does not take effect until somebody dies. Jesus was executing a will.

I thought it was because it was the only workable plan a supposedly omniscient, omnipotent being could come up with. Which defies understanding, because human torture and murder seem entirely immoral to me.