• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Will and Testament of God

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Why did Yahweh demand a brutal blood sacrifice?

It seemed to be a twofold thing. Those who killed Jesus thought they were stealing his inheritance as King of the Jews, keeping their postions of authority over Isreal. Wrongly thinking the inheritance was of this world. But what they lost was the real inheritance, heirs to eternal life, the kingdom of God.

Why did it have to be so bloody and brutal? I suppose so that their wickedness reached full measure and the murder was completely without mercy, as predicted in Old testament scripture. So their punishment is fully deserved.

Electus de Lumine

Magician of Light
It seemed to be a twofold thing. Those who killed Jesus thought they were stealing his inheritance as King of the Jews, keeping their postions of authority over Isreal. Wrongly thinking the inheritance was of this world. But what they lost was the real inheritance, heirs to eternal life, the kingdom of God.

Why did it have to be so bloody and brutal? I suppose so that their wickedness reached full measure and the murder was completely without mercy, as predicted in Old testament scripture. So their punishment is fully deserved.

How do you know that Yahweh tells you the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Nothing wrong with finding contradictions with the Bible as we know it now. It will not become less true in meaning. How people have interpret what is says has always changed. It even changes with the language it is translated into. I currently use the New Revised Stand Version (English) edition.
two editions are needed, because English and American often mean quite different things when using the same words and phrases.

It is important to know what the earliest Christians were taught by Jesus, and what they believed and taught converts... after all we are the result of that chain of belief.

Geneva Bible is my favorite. but you can compare many other versions fairly easily today. and search out specific lines here Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
An instruction manual contradicts scripture which says " But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code."

And the casual, 'wing it' nature of scriptures shows they didnt have an official instruction manual. Or it would have sounded like the old testament where the Lord laid out every small detail of worship and feasts to the Israelites as part of scripture.

It is not like that at all.
You have to read it to understand.... no doubt those first Christians passed on the teachings of Jesus as they had heard them, Some directly from his own lips. Some of these eventually found their way into the Bible and some almost certainly were lost. What is not lost is how they organised their daily live as a religious community and what was the essential elements of their services. That is what the Didache offers us.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
How do you know that Yahweh tells you the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Well it makes sense since the terms "heirs" "inherit" "inheritance" "my Fathers will" etc. are used so much, when they say there had to be a body for a will to come into effect. That makes sense and I tend to listen more.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
It is not like that at all.
You have to read it to understand.... no doubt those first Christians passed on the teachings of Jesus as they had heard them, Some directly from his own lips. Some of these eventually found their way into the Bible and some almost certainly were lost. What is not lost is how they organised their daily live as a religious community and what was the essential elements of their services. That is what the Didache offers us.

Somewhere along the line it led to a guy sitting on a throne, so I tend to stick to the bible.

Electus de Lumine

Magician of Light
Well it makes sense since the terms "heirs" "inherit" "inheritance" "my Fathers will" etc. are used so much, when they say there had to be a body for a will to come into effect. That makes sense and I tend to listen more.

How do you know he is not lying or giving a partial truth?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Geneva Bible is my favorite. but you can compare many other versions fairly easily today. and search out specific lines here Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages

If you read the Bible line by line you will never understand it.

The early Bibles were full of errors because they did not understand the context of what they were translating. Modern contextual translations using modern discoveries and Linguistics. have produced much better understanding of the original texts.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If you read the Bible line by line you will never understand it.

The early Bibles were full of errors because they did not understand the context of what they were translating. Modern contextual translations using modern discoveries and Linguistics. have produced much better understanding of the original texts.

You do have to put some thought into it, which is why it took so long to figure out Jesus was executing a will.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Somewhere along the line it led to a guy sitting on a throne, so I tend to stick to the bible.

Why do you prefer what the early protestants wrote, compared to earlier or more modern translations.
The NRSV goes back to the verified and earliest biblical documents available. and is approved for use in virtually all Protestant churches.

It is fairly clear that the Didiche led to and was used by all the earliest churches including the Syrian, Etopian, Coptic Greek and other Orthodox and Catholic Churches and down through the protestant lines to all modern day denominations and Christian faiths. None of us can in honesty deny our roots.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Ah so you would prefer we all live as ignorant people devoid of free-will as long as you feel happy?

Why not have a lobotomy then?

They could do anything they wanted to except one thing. This is getting off topic though. Yes they sinned and it was all part of Gods plan so that mankind would become heirs to whatever it is they inherit...the kingdom of God.

Electus de Lumine

Magician of Light
They could do anything they wanted to except one thing. This is getting off topic though. Yes they sinned and it was all part of Gods plan so that mankind would become heirs to whatever it is they inherit...the kingdom of God.

So we sinned......before we had the knowledge to know what sin was?

And we where punished for doing what Yahweh wanted to do?

Seeing one or two holes in Yahweh's little narrative.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Why do you prefer what the early protestants wrote, compared to earlier or more modern translations.
The NRSV goes back to the verified and earliest biblical documents available. and is approved for use in virtually all Protestant churches.

It is fairly clear that the Didiche led to and was used by all the earliest churches including the Syrian, Etopian, Coptic Greek and other Orthodox and Catholic Churches and down through the protestant lines to all modern day denominations and Christian faiths. None of us can in honesty deny our roots.

Certainly the protestant churches aren't what they used to be. I like the Geneva Bible, which is considered to be a most excellent work. according to wikipedia and confirmed by myself.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
So we sinned......before we had the knowledge to know what sin was?

And we where punished for doing what Yahweh wanted to do?

Seeing one or two holes in Yahweh's little narrative.

What are you saying? Jesus suffered on the cross and died, just like everybody does. It can't be that bad to die. Stop whining.

whirlingmerc

I do not believe drinking some wine not in excess is wrong... in fact if a man has 1 glass of red wine a week risk of prostate cancer goes down 10%

Doing something to an extent you harm yourself or loose control is an issue

Psalm 104:14-15 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 You cause the grass to grow for the livestock
and plants for man to cultivate,
that he may bring forth food from the earth
15 and wine to gladden the heart of man,
oil to make his face shine
and bread to strengthen man's heart.

jtartar

To my children who love me, you shall inherit the Kingdom of God.

Why did Jesus have to die?

Hebrews 9:15 Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Hebrews 9:16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to establish the death of the one who made it,

A will does not take effect until somebody dies. Jesus was executing a will.

Kemosloby,
There is much to your question. Let me try to explain this to you.
After Adam and Eve sinned against God, they went back to the dust from where they came, Genesis 3:19. At that time there was no hope for mankind, they would just stay dead. God did not want for all people to have no hope so He decided to send His son Jesus to give his life as a Ransom Sacrifice so that dead ones could be resurrected back to life. First God started with the Mosaic Law Covenant that was a shadow of Jesus, Hebrews 10:1. This Covenant was instituted with the Blood of goats and bulls, which did not forgive sins completely, but God allowed these sacrifices to keep God from carrying out the penalty of death by looking forward to the time that Jesus would come to earthto sacrifice his life for all who would believe in him, and follow his commandments. This is summed up in what is called, the Gospel in Miniature, John 3:16.
God never wanted sacrifices, He really wanted obedience, not sacrifices, so God sent His son to give his life so as to stop the rule of sacrificing for sins. Jesus' blood would cover all of mankind's sin's if they believe in him. This new way, The Christian way wswritten on the hearts of believers so that their sins would not be charged to them because Jesus had died for all who would take advantage of this great gift. Jesus gave his fleshly body for our sins, so that if we die we can be resurrected, and if we are alive when Jesus returns, we do not have to ever die, Hebrews 2:9, 2Corinthians 5:14,15, John 5:28,29. Jesus died for us so that we can get back what Adam and Eve lost for us, everlasting life, 1Timothy 2:4,5, Matthew 20:28.

Hebrews 9:15 Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Hebrews 9:16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to establish the death of the one who made it,