• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Will and Testament of God

Kemosloby

Premium Member
To my children who love me, you shall inherit the Kingdom of God.

Why did Jesus have to die?

Hebrews 9:15 Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Hebrews 9:16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to establish the death of the one who made it,

A will does not take effect until somebody dies. Jesus was executing a will.

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Why did Jesus have to die?
Because the Leaders of the Flock rejected him, and didn't want to give up control; thus 2/3 of the Flock was slaughtered.
To my children who love me
It is hardly loving Yeshua when posting parts of Hebrews, it just shows that someone is not following him, and instead following the Pharisees.
the promised eternal inheritance
Matthew 21:38-41 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. (39) And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. (40) When the lord therefore of the vineyard comes, what will he do unto those husbandmen? (41) They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men!! :eek:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Because the Leaders of the Flock rejected him, and didn't want to give up control; thus 2/3 of the Flock was slaughtered.

It is hardly loving Yeshua when posting parts of Hebrews, it just shows that someone is not following him, and instead following the Pharisees.

Matthew 21:38-41 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. (39) And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. (40) When the lord therefore of the vineyard comes, what will he do unto those husbandmen? (41) They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men!! :eek:

So what are you saying?

wizanda

Premium Member
So what are you saying?
John, Paul and Simon the stone (petros), have misled the whole world, and many people are going to be sent to Hell according to the text, unless they change their ways. :innocent:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
As God has never died, why should he have a last will and testament?
Jesus died, as all flesh dies.
But if Jesus was God he remained living in God.
The only things that Jesus could leave would be earthly things as he died a man.

Jesus did not die as a ransom or for our sins. He died as an example to us, of his Love for us.
And to teach us that ultimate Love entails being prepared to to offer oneself as an ultimate sacrifice.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
As God has never died, why should he have a last will and testament?
Jesus died, as all flesh dies.
But if Jesus was God he remained living in God.
The only things that Jesus could leave would be earthly things as he died a man.

Jesus did not die as a ransom or for our sins. He died as an example to us, of his Love for us.
And to teach us that ultimate Love entails being prepared to to offer oneself as an ultimate sacrifice.

Not according the the Apostles.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Much of the new testament is given over to searching for a reason, and giving an explanation of why Jesus had to die. It is one of the biggest questions that those who followed him were asking.
At the time of the Didache it was not even a question, and no answer was taught to the new Christians.
There was no teaching of the resurrection, redemption or the forgiveness of sin mentioned at all.

wizanda

Premium Member
Actually my whole case is the Synoptic Gospels Vs John, Paul and Simon the stone (petros)..... Paul is the false Apostle referenced in Revelation 2:2.
Care to elaborate?
Here are all the threads, explaining where John contradicts the Synoptic Gospels in multiple places, why Paul contradicts Christ on at least 36 points, and why Simon was called the stone (petros) by Yeshua to fulfill prophecy. :innocent:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Much of the new testament is given over to searching for a reason, and giving an explanation of why Jesus had to die. It is one of the biggest questions that those who followed him were asking.
At the time of the Didache it was not even a question, and no answer was taught to the new Christians.
There was no teaching of the resurrection, redemption or the forgiveness of sin mentioned at all.

This is the bible section, save that stuff for the Catholic DIR...

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

The apostles were searching for an answer and consensus to the reason behind Jesus death.
Paul perhaps gave it the greatest importance and attention, in his letters, in answer to the various churches he had established.
By the time the Gospels were written they had developed what seemed a rational consensus.
Though the fact that we are still discussing, debating and searching for answers on these matters, after more than two thousand years, demonstrates the uncertainty and and disagreements still pertaining to a universal understanding.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Actually my whole case is the Synoptic Gospels Vs John, Paul and Simon the stone (petros)..... Paul is the false Apostle referenced in Revelation 2:2.

Here are all the threads, explaining where John contradicts the Synoptic Gospels in multiple places, why Paul contradicts Christ on at least 36 points, and why Simon was called the stone (petros) by Yeshua to fulfill prophecy. :innocent:

So often the complexity of life makes it difficult to express the whole of the situation in a few concise lines. Take into consideration the complexity of this life and the next life, and there's bound to be more than a few ways trying to explain it. Paul conceded that "what we know we know in part, like puzzling reflections as in a mirror"

1 Cor 13:12
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
The apostles were searching for an answer and consensus to the reason behind Jesus death.
Paul perhaps gave it the greatest importance and attention, in his letters, in answer to the various churches he had established.
By the time the Gospels were written they had developed what seemed a rational consensus.
Though the fact that we are still discussing, debating and searching for answers on these matters, after more than two thousand years, demonstrates the uncertainty and and disagreements still pertaining to a universal understanding.

It makes sense that when someone says "The meek will inherit the Earth" that there would be a will attached. And a will is something executed by a Father to his children upon his death. So it just adds up that the Apostles are telling the truth and those people you listen to are telling "alternate facts".

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
This is the bible section, save that stuff for the Catholic DIR...

I am not a Catholic, I am an Anglican

Nor was there a Catholic church when the Didache was written in the middle part of the First Century.
It is not part of Scripture, except in the canon of the ethopian Orthodox church. It is the earliest existing teaching manual for new gentile entrants to the new Christian groups forming at that time. It pre-dates both organised Churches and the development of clergy, or the compilation of the Bible.

Didache - Wikipedia This give a reasonably unbiased idea of what the Didache is.

The Didache this is probably the most modern thorough and best treaties on the subject available.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I am not a Catholic, I am an Anglican

Nor was there a Catholic church when the Didache was written in the middle part of the First Century.
It is not part of Scripture, except in the canon of the ethopian Orthodox church. It is the earliest existing teaching manual for new gentile entrants to the new Christian groups forming at that time. It pre-dates both organised Churches and the development of clergy, or the compilation of the Bible.

Didache - Wikipedia This give a reasonably unbiased idea of what the Didache is.

The Didache this is probably the most modern thorough and best treaties on the subject available.

I say Catholic because it looks like a Catholic forgery. As soon as I saw the "Eucharist" mentioned in it I knew it was of Catholic origin.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It makes sense that when someone says "The meek will inherit the Earth" that there would be a will attached. And a will is something executed by a Father to his children upon his death. So it just adds up that the Apostles are telling the truth and those people you listen to are telling "alternate facts".

You will be saying next that the "Beatitudes" is a will and testament.

A will is a legal Distribution of property to be made to any one by anyone on their death.

God made no will. nor has he died.... he is with us still.

I though alternative facts was reserved for Trump and his followers, to cover their lies.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
You will be saying next that the "Beatitudes" is a will and testament.

A will is a legal Distribution of property to be made to any one by anyone on their death.

God made no will. nor has he died.... he is with us still.

I though alternative facts was reserved for Trump and his followers, to cover their lies.

How do we inherit from ourselves what was never ours to give away? Nope, it doesn't work. In light of Hebrews explaining that Jesus death was part of the execution of a will, I have no doubt the beautitudes were Jesus proclaiming his will to mankind.

wizanda

Premium Member
As soon as I saw the "Eucharist" mentioned in it I knew it was of Catholic origin.
Good point, and thought the Didache comes after Paul's letters as well; as it was Paul who instigated the drinking of wine in remembrance (1 Corinthians 11:25), not Yeshua, who told his Disciples not to drink (Mark 9:41 & Matthew 10:42).

Because clearly to drink the blood of an offering, is another defilement of the Law (Revelation 16:6). :innocent:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I say Catholic because it looks like a Catholic forgery. As soon as I saw the "Eucharist" mentioned in it I knew it was of Catholic origin.

All Christians are commanded by Jesus to observe the Eucharist in remembrance of him.
Some may call it by other names such as "the Lords supper. Holy communion. etc.

The last known remaining complete copy of the Didache was found in 1873 in a Greak Orthodox Cathedral library. Even the Vatican does not have an original. Though they do now acknowledge its importance.
An abridged version is found in the Ethopian Orthodox Bible canon.
I know of no protestant church that denies its importance to understanding the earl christian church