• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Day of World in Abrahamic versus Non-Abrahamic Religions

InvestigateTruth

How comparable are the description of the End Time prophecies in Various revealed religions. Could they be speaking of the same event?
In some Faith's, it is usually referred as Judgement Day, or Day of Resurrection. In others may be called End of cycle or Age, and in some End of the World.
What does your religion say about this prophecy?

Could it have come to pass and most be unaware of it?

GoodbyeDave

As you point out, this is a belief characteristic of monotheists for some reason. The rest of us generally see the cosmos as eternal: when it wears out, a replacement will be made. After all, if it wasn't a good idea, it wouldn't have been made in the first place.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
How comparable are the description of the End Time prophecies in Various revealed religions. Could they be speaking of the same event?
In some Faith's, it is usually referred as Judgement Day, or Day of Resurrection. In others may be called End of cycle or Age, and in some End of the World.
What does your religion say about this prophecy?

There is no last day in my faith. There is no prophecy in my faith.

InvestigateTruth

@Vinayaka and @DavidMcCann

The hindu scriptures talk a doomsday.

Pralaya | Encyclopedia.com

What is interesting is the similarities of the prophecies.

In Hindu Scriptures, it is prophesied of a Flood at the End of a cycle.
Christ said the same thing:

Matthew 24:37-39 King James Version (KJV)
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
A white messenger (Kalki) with truth (Saoshyant), being the 25th incarnation of the Divine comes before the resurrection of the saints; where the reality is cleansed with holy fire, to return it to a magic realm.

The being comes from a 'place of peace' (New Jerusalem/Shambhala), and literally brings it down to here; removing all sinful nature in a day.

The Kalki Purana, and Revelation align the clearest; Taoism's Li Hong, and Zoroastrian's Frashokereti also are quite clear from a different angle.
No, there shall be the removal of most of mankind in a day, and only the Godly remain after in a magic kingdom...

Fair enough it is possible for people to still listen to the person sent before it.

In my opinion. :innocent:

InvestigateTruth

Sorry, but Hinduism is an umbrella tern, and not all concepts, fit all Hindus. Pralaya is temporary anyway. Something like once every 20 billion years, He takes a break, and then it all repeats itself.
It is also temporary in the Bible. Bible predicts that just as the time of Noah, a flood suddenly came, so will be at the End when Lord comes. Then it predicts afterward there will be no more sea (flood dries up).
As regards to 20 millions, it doesn't make logically sense. The earth age is currently less than 6 billion years. There seems to be contradictions with the year of the end in Hinduism.

InvestigateTruth

A white messenger (Kalki) with truth (Saoshyant), being the 25th incarnation of the Divine comes before the resurrection of the saints; where the reality is cleansed with holy fire, to return it to a magic realm.

The being comes from a 'place of peace' (New Jerusalem/Shambhala), and literally brings it down to here; removing all sinful nature in a day.

The Kalki Purana, and Revelation align the clearest; Taoism's Li Hong, and Zoroastrian's Frashokereti also are quite clear from a different angle.

No, there shall be the removal of most of mankind in a day, and only the Godly remain after in a magic kingdom...

Fair enough it is possible for people to still listen to the person sent before it.

What if the terms are symbolic? Death of mankind can be in a spiritual sense. Spiritual death could have passed. The end prophecy includes darkness of moon and sun, which symbolically make more sense to be allusions to spiritual status of mankind, rather than a literal darkness. How do we know the authors of bible were not speaking symbolically?

GoodbyeDave

The hindu scriptures talk a doomsday. What is interesting is the similarities of the prophecies … Christ said the same thing.
Here we go again! the old Baha'i maneuver of muddling up everything so that they can claim everyone's beliefs as precursors.

Christians, Muslims, and Baha'i claim that their god(s) will eventually say enough is enough and shut everything down. Hinduism does not say that: the cosmos is usually held to be produced by Brahman as a natural process — like a happy man singing, as one writer put it. When one cosmos comes to an end, the whole cycle starts again.

wizanda

Premium Member
What if the terms are symbolic?
We deal with exegesis of the concepts discussed; not make it a belief from the question (eisegesis).
How do we know the authors of bible were not speaking symbolically?
Because we can correlate historical data with the prophetical; testing what has taken place, and what was metaphoric; that way we can gauge how much they're literal.
Death of mankind can be in a spiritual sense.
We're down near Hell, have a look around, listen to every sound, it isn't hard to tell...

It would be spiritual if people recognized the Messiah by writing style; yet they don't, so doomsday happens instead according to prophecy. :(

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Here we go again! the old Baha'i maneuver of muddling up everything so that they can claim everyone's beliefs as precursors.

And claiming to know more about Hinduism than Hindus do. "But we promote religious harmony." Yeah, right, lol.

wizanda

Premium Member
And claiming to know more about Hinduism than Hindus do.
Since we can show a Christian (John, Paul, Simon) doesn't follow Christ (Matthew, Mark, Luke)...

The Muslims don't follow the Quran, yet the Hadiths...

Jews not the Tanakh, yet the Talmud, etc...

Why would you think you're following the original Source; if everyone else in the Maya is confused?

InvestigateTruth

Christians, Muslims, and Baha'i claim that their god(s) will eventually say enough is enough and shut everything down. Hinduism does not say that: the cosmos is usually held to be produced by Brahman as a natural process — like a happy man singing, as one writer put it. When one cosmos comes to an end, the whole cycle starts again.
No, the Abrahamic Scriptures do not say, God shuts down everything. They say, the old world ends, then a new world comes, which is a new creation.

ManSinha

I am not as well read as the rest of you - but I believe all the SGGS tells us is to improve ourselves in the here and now - no word of when the "cycle" ends - there is mention of a greater need to be spiritual in the age of Kali (Kai Yuga) but that is all I know for the moment