• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Christmas

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Probably the least offensive (for me) to listen to. Not that I have celebrated this recently by even the merest token of decorations, but this year I might go for a compact effort - and probably my last, as to bothering - like a tree in a bottle or something similar - being so ethically sound. :oops:

Any suggestions (And preferably under $1000 - or $10). With the first below being a contender although very much feeling like the second. :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqueur-Orange-Gingerbread-Illuminating-Bottle/dp/B08LNW6PJS/ref=sr_1_9
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-...en-Decoration/dp/B09KS2CTN3/ref=sr_1_295_sspa

PureX

Veteran Member
I have a 6 foot lighthouse in my living room that I wrapped colored lights around last year. I loved it. It was like having a giant gay Dalek around the house for the holidays.

It doesn't take much to amuse me.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Over the years we have given the kids various different mid winter celebrations from christmas to.yule to saturnalia. They have chosen to keep saturnalia for none other than the completely mercenary reason that they get more presents.

Although we celebrate mid winter in the Roman style i will always make a bouche noel, a yule log with chestnut puree filling to eat on solstice.

I don't drink much in the way of alcohol but every year we buy a bottle of walnut liqueur, firstly to mix into the chestnut puree, and whatever is left i will take a glass of dor a toast.
Its kind of rare, sweet, as liqueurs tend to be and has a distinctive flavour

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I have a 6 foot lighthouse in my living room that I wrapped colored lights around last year. I loved it. It was like having a giant gay Dalek around the house for the holidays.

It doesn't take much to amuse me.
Sounds like too much work for me. :D

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Yeah, RIP Kirstie.

And how is Shane still alive?
Luck of the Irish, even though he apparently is English? :D

It seems I've visited many parts of Ireland, the coastal regions mainly, but not seen much of it inland - apart from travelling through it. That being either sailing to the East coast and the North or caving on the West, with an early holiday with a friend to the South. An early interest in Guinness then formed as well as a love of the Irish for their wisdom and humour. Plus, the first girl I had any serious sex with came from Cork. :oops:

Last edited:

RestlessSoul

Luck of the Irish, even though he apparently is English? :D

It seems I've visited many parts of Ireland, the coastal regions mainly, but not seen much of it inland - apart from travelling through it. That being either sailing to the East coast and the North or caving on the West, with an early holiday with a friend to the South. An early interest in Guinness then formed as well as a love of the Irish for their wisdom and humour. Plus, the first girl I had any serious sex with came from Cork. :oops:

Shane's definitely Irish, albeit spent some of his childhood in London. Most of the original line-up were English, though back then Irish culture was ingrained in places like London, Liverpool and Manchester. London pubs in the 70s were full of Irish and Jamaicans as well as the local "Wanna buy a watch, John?" crafty cockneys; which made for an eclectic mix.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Shane's definitely Irish, albeit spent some of his childhood in London. Most of the original line-up were English, though back then Irish culture was ingrained in places like London, Liverpool and Manchester. London pubs in the 70s were full of Irish and Jamaicans as well as the local "Wanna buy a watch, John?" crafty cockneys; which made for an eclectic mix.

Well I probably got my love of Irish music, apart from via John Peel, from one of the pubs down the street from where we stayed whilst caving, and where they always had some talented musicians of an evening there. The Chieftains, Planxty, the Boys of The Lough and such were in my early record collection - and still are on my playlists. :musicnotes: