• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lamest Guest Service Excuses

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What are some some of the lamest excuses you have been handed from those who work in the service industry.

I have my dress shirts professionally dry cleaned and pressed at a dry cleaner who subcontracts through a major grocery chain in my area. On Sunday this week, I went to pick up my shirts and was putting my favorite one on Monday morning when I noticed one of the collar buttons have been shattered and broken off. In the 8 years I've been dealing with this cleaner, this is only the second time this has happened, and both times have been in the last four months.

Upon bringing the shirt back to have the button replaced, the cashier tells me that sometimes this happens because the machines that press the shirts are automatic.

That got me thinking...these machines are designed to press shirts...most of which have buttons!!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What are some some of the lamest excuses you have been handed from those who work in the service industry.

I have my dress shirts professionally dry cleaned and pressed at a dry cleaner who subcontracts through a major grocery chain in my area. On Sunday this week, I went to pick up my shirts and was putting my favorite one on Monday morning when I noticed one of the collar buttons have been shattered and broken off. In the 8 years I've been dealing with this cleaner, this is only the second time this has happened, and both times have been in the last four months.

Upon bringing the shirt back to have the button replaced, the cashier tells me that sometimes this happens because the machines that press the shirts are automatic.

That got me thinking...these machines are designed to press shirts...most of which have buttons!!

At uni enrollment day, the queue at the grants window was horrendous but soon began to disperse as each application was briefly spoken to by the secretary at the window.

Whatever she said seemed to semi satisfy the students and they went away muttering that that will have to come back next week.

My turn came, "i would like to apply for accommodation assistance please"

"Sorry, I can't help you today, the computer has gone on holiday"

Darkforbid

A waterproof headtorch that could not be replaced because I'd used it outside in the rain, I protested, they called the police.

The police response 'Your stores called Go Outdoors and its says waterproof on the box'

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I remember there was a gas station I would sometimes stop at. At one point, they had new owners who disabled the "pay at the pump" feature. They had a sign that said "We don't do pay at the pump because we want to get to know our customers."

While this seems kind of nice and personable, as if they want their customers to get good, friendly service, all that it meant is that it took longer due to having to wait in line inside the building while some guy is sitting on his butt behind the counter. If they really wanted to get to know their customers, why didn't they just post someone outside at the pumps ready to take payment? Or just offer full serve instead of self serve?

Suffice to say, they didn't last in business very long.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Gives me an appointment on sunday to have glasses lenses refitted.

I arrive on sunday and they tell me they don't perform that service on sundays.

Ron-Weasley-Confused-What-The-Hell-Gif.gif

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I ordered onion rings at Burger King and my order was right technically. They were onion rings all right. Raw onion rings. The same ones you put on the burgers.

"He's new". Lol