• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lady gave me her sobriety medallion, and Joseph's coat/Elijah's mantel!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Some one gave me a sobriety medallion today she has held onto for years of her sobriety.

It wasn't really something I wanted , but I do collect things that are meaningful, as sometimes they are relics.

She spoke of it as if it was that kind of an item to her that she carried in her purse for years.
  • Do you feel like items like that can transmit grace or should be treated as sacred?

I'm certain sometimes they can. If Scripture is true, in the New Testament, cloths and handkerchiefs blessed by Apostles, were taken to the sick, and by touching the sick, such items allegedly healed them.

The Jacket I wear , is my most prized possession, based on how it came to me. It's like an Elijah's mantel or Joseph's coat of many colors in my mind, because (as I mentioned here before), I wrote a letter to Hirohito, and put a big "H" for Hirohito, and found a military jacket with Japanese flag and big capital "H" on the sidewalk hours later.
IMG_2022-01-05-17-33-16-743.jpg
Because of what the letter I wrote contained, along with my request for Hirohito (Emperor of Japan) to be my "confirmation Saint", and Catholics taking a new confirmation name with that Sacrament, I wouldn't sell the jacket for thousands of dollars.

Another interesting fact is more random people comment on the Jacket than all items of clothing I have ever worn in life combined, they asked me to photograph them wearing it, and wanted to buy it, multiple times. Random stranger on the metro transit train or on the streets saying they will pay good money for it!

It means the jacket should have gotten stolen when my apartment was broken into while in jail. It should have been stolen because all my money, everything of value, my phone, electronics, my uncle Sam hat, my Israeli flag even, everything of value.

Why didn't someone grab the Jacket I have had so many people ask if they could buy and even be photographed wearing? It was right out in the open
, and if they are going to steal an Israeli flag and uncle Sam hat, why not take a jacket that is actually worth some money?

So, I count it a miracle I still have the sucker!

But the lady who gave me the medallion spoke about it like it was almost a sacred item to her.

I wonder if I should treat it as such? I'll probably place it in my Honden (room closed off to public for enshrined Kami) where I placed that letter to Hirohito, or Kamidana (God cupboard).

Do you have items you believe to be sacred or hold special meaning, sentimental value perhaps?

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
But a part of me gets nauseous with self, because the amount of blessings and graces been given, yet lived a terrible life and hurt a lot of people, offended God, and disrespected the dead, and been quite an ungrateful brat, wasting time and potential! :(

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
But a part of me gets nauseous with self, because the amount of blessings and graces been given, yet lived a terrible life and hurt a lot of people, offended God, and disrespected the dead, and been quite an ungrateful brat, wasting time and potential! :(

It seems the powers that be still have hope in you, if they keep sending "blessings and grace" your way. ;)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I'll probably place it in my Honden (room closed off to public for enshrined Kami) where I placed that letter to Hirohito, or Kamidana (God cupboard).

Do you have items you believe to be sacred or hold special meaning, sentimental value perhaps?
Yeah, I have two 'kamidana' in my 'honden'; one for the good works that I have done and the other for my sins. The second one has more material.