• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

La nabeeya ba’di--True meanings in the light of Holy Quran, Ahadith and previous Scholars/Elders.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on everyone. The Saying of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) - la nabeeya ba’di – is translated by certain non-Ahmadiyya Muslims as ‘there is no Prophet after me’. On the other hand, the same Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) has prophesied about coming of a Prophet after him…….How to understand this difference?

PART 1 HOLY PROPHET (s.a.w.) TELLS ABOUT COMING OF A PROPHET.
Please keep in mind:
1) In the Book of Ahadith, Sahih Muslim, Sunan Ibn e Majah, Mishkaat, it has been reported that Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) used the words ESA NABI’ULLAH 4 times for the Reformer to come.

2) In Abu Daud: Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said: LEISA BEINI WA BEINAHU NABIYUN WA ANNAHU NAAZELUN -- There will be no Prophet between me and him (the incoming Messiah) he will descend.— BEINI WA BEINAHU NABIYUN - He will be Prophet.

3) In Tirmizi, Ibne Majah, AlJameul Saghir, Taarikhul Khulafa: Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said: ABU BAKRIN WA OMOR SAYYEDA KAHOOLE AHLIL JANNATE MENAL AWWALEENA WAL AAKHEREENA ILLAN NABI’YINA WAL MURSALEEN. i.e. Abu Bakr and Umar shall be leader of earlier and latter elder people of Paradise, except Prophets and Messengers.
If there was to be no Prophet after him (s.a.w.) he would not have used these words.

4) The verse about KHATAMAN NABI’YEEN had been revealed in 5 Hijrah and in 9 Hijrah, the blessed child of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) passed away and Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said: LO AASHA IBRAHIMA LAKANA SIDDIQAN NABI’YAA (Ibn e Majah) i.e. Had Ibrahim lived, he would be a True Prophet.

Please note, the verse about Khataman Nabi’yeen had already come, but Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) did not say that because I am already Khataman Nabi’yeen therefore even if my son had remained alive he would not be a Prophet.

The death of son Ibrahim was the cause of him not becoming a Prophet, not the verse Khataman Nabi’yeen.

Mulla Ali Qari r.h. writes in MODOAT E KABIR: la yonado qolohu ta’alaa khataman nabi’yeen ai’zal ma’ana annahu la yatee ba’adahu nabi’yun yansekho millatahu wa lam yakun min ummatehee.
Thus the son’s being Prophet would not have been against Allah’s words khataman nabi’yeen. It meant there would be no such Prophet after him (s.a.w.) who would cancel his religion and would be from outside of his Ummah.

5) Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said:
a= Abu Bakro khair unnase illa an yakona nabi’yun. (Kanzul Umal) = Abu Bakr is the best of people except there is a Prophet.
b= Abu Bakr ussiddiko khair unnase illa an yakona nabi’yun. (Taareekhul Khulafa, Imam Soyuti) = Abu Bakr Siddiq is the best of people except there is a Prophet.
c= Abu Bakrin Afzalo hazehil ummate illa an yakona nabi’yun. (Al Konuzul haqqaeq) = Abu Bakr is the best of this Ummah except there is a Prophet.

PART 2 VARIOUS MEANINGS OF BA’DI

1) Ba’di -- as NEAR TIME AFTER: It mean that ‘After me (in near time) Prophet is not needed.’

As Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said: …laisa baini wa bainahu nabi’yun wa annahu nazelun … (Abu Daud). In the time between me and incoming Messiah there will be no Prophet.

The ‘near time’ is mentioned in Holy Quran too. For exmple:
‘……le’tunzera qomum maa ataahum min nazeerim min qableka….’ (Al Sajdah:4)
It tells that Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) came to warn the people to whom no Prophet had come [in near past].

This near past is explained in verse:‘…fatratim mir rosole…’ (Maedah:20) i.e. after a break.

Holy Quran has said: ‘…in min ummatin illa khala fiha nazeer….’ (al Fatir:25) i.e. We have sent warners in all nations.

It is known from Holy Quran and Ahadith that after Hadhrat Esa / Jesus a.s. and before Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) no Prophet was needed.

Thus a meaning of ‘La nabeeya ba’di’ is that IN NEAR TIME AFTER Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) there will be no Prophet till Imam Mahdi – Prophet of Allah.

2) Ba’d as EXCEPT in Holy Quran and Hadith: For example:
a- ‘…faman zallazi yansorokum mim ba’dehi….’ (al Imran :161)… (Badawi) …Who will help you EXCEPT Allah?

b- ‘….la yambaghee le’ahadim mim ba’di…..’ (Saad:36)….. (kamalan wa jalalain)

c- ‘….in amsakahoma min ahadin min ba’dehee….’ (fatir:42) No one can save from destruction EXCEPT Allah.

d- In the lughat of Ahadith ‘Majma baharul anwar’ volume 1 ‘except’ is mentioned as meaning of ‘ba’d’ .

Thus, a meaning of Hadith LA NABIYA BA’DI is ‘In the presence of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) there is no Prophet except him (s.a.w.) [ as with Hadhrat Musa there was Hadhrat Haroon / Aaron ----- with Hadhrat Daud there was Hadhrat Suleman / Solomon ---- with Hadhrat Esa / Jesus there was Hadhrat Yahya / John the Baptist] In latter time, coming of Promised Messiah as Nabiullah is prophesied in Hadith.

3) Ba’di – as AGAISNT ME or INDEPENDENT OF ME: In this case, ‘la nabeeya ba-di’ will mean there will be no Prophet against me (who will bring new teaching) or independent of me. (He will be from my Ummah and my subservient). Support from Holy Quran:

a-‘..fa mazaa ba’dal haqqey illaddalaalo..’ (Yonus 33) It does not mean that after Haq (truth) there will be only fasle. It means that if one leave truth one will have only fasle.

b- ‘..fa maeen yahdehey mim ba’dillahe..’ (al Jathia 24) Here ba’d of Allah means who else can give righteousness but Allah? Ba’d Allah means Ghairallah.

c- ‘..fabe’aiye hadeethin ba’dahu youmenoon…’ (al Mursalaat 51) Here too ‘badahu’ mean ‘begharehi’ i.e. whose words they shall believe except or against the words of Allah?

d- ‘…Shahih Bukhari: Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) said ‘…kazzabane yakhrojane ba’di….’ i.e. After my BA’D two false will appear. Even though in the hadith before and after this hadith, the claims of Aswad Ansi and Musailma, in the presence of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) are mentioned and it is said: ‘…anaa benahoma….’ i.e. they are in my era……..THUS in ‘..yakhrojana ba’di…’ means ‘against me and my shariah’

Therefore it is clear that a meaning of ‘LA NABEEYA BA’DI’ is ‘THERE IS NO PROPHET WHO WILL ACT AGAISNT ME AND CANCEL MY SHARIAH’.

4) In Arabic, ‘LA’ is used for ‘NEGATION OF PERFECTION’ too. Thus, a meaning of ‘la nabeeya ba’di’ is ‘THERE CAN NOT BE A PROPHET EQUAL TO THE GREATNESS OF HOLY PROPHET (s.a.w.)’. Example: ‘la eman le’man la amantahu lahu aiy ala wajhilkamal’ (Mishkaat - marginal note) i.e. without perfection in trust / amanah, there is no faith.

PART 3 MEANINGS OF ‘LA NABEEYA BA’DI’ MENTIONED BY EARLIER ELDERS.

1) The learned wife of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.), Hadhrat Ayesha r.a said: ‘QULOO ANNAHU KHATAMAL ANBEYA WA LA TAQULU LA NABEEYA BA’DAHU’. (Durre Mansur, Majma’ Baharul Anwar) i.e you say khatamal anbeeya but do not say there is no Prophet after him (s.a.w.).

2) Imam Ibne Qaitabtah r.h. write after quoting words of Hadhrat Ayesha r.a: ‘le annaho arada la nabeeya ba’di yansakho ma je’to behi’ (Taweel Mukhtaleful Ahadith) – The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) meant: After him there will be no Prophet who would cancel his shariah.

3) Imam Abdul Wahab Sha’rani r.h.: ‘ la nabeeya ba’di wa la rasula almorado bahi la mo’shre’a ba’di’ (al yawaqeet wal jawahir) --- there will be no Shariah Prophet or Rasul after Holy Prophet (s.a.w.).

4) Mulla Ali Qari r.h. writes: ‘…la nabeeya ba’di ma’naho eindal olama’ey la yahdoso nabeeyun yesharin yansakho shar’ahoo…’ ( al isha’at fi ashrat issa’ah ) – according to scholars, la nabeeya ba’di means no Prophet will come who will cancel Holy Prophet (s.a.w.)’s Shariah.

5) Sheikh Mohai’uddin Ibne Arabi r.h.: ‘…fala rasula ba’di wa la nabeeya aie la nabeeya yakuno ala shar’in yokhalafo shar’ee bul ezaa kaana yakun tahta hukme shari’ati….’ (Fatuhate Makkia) --- No Messenger and Prophet after me; it means that there will be no Prophet who will be on opposing Shariah of mine BUT whenever he comes he will be under commandment of my Shraiah.

THUS ‘LA NABEEYA BA’DI DEFINITELY DOES NOT MEAN THAT NO PROPHET WILL COME. IT MEANS:
A- In the close time after Holy Prophet (s.a.w.), there will be no Prophet.
B- In the life time of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.), there is no Prophet except Holy Prophet (s.a.w.).
C- There can be no Prophet against or independent of teaching of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.).
D- There is no Prophet equal to the grandeur and status of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him).
E- After Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) no Prophet can bring new Shariah or cancel the religion of Holy Prophet and no Prophet can come out side of Ummah of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.).
All these meanings were mentioned by the honorable scholars of Ummah of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) before the Ahmadiyya Promised Messiah and Mahdi (a.s.) was sent by Allah Almighty as promised, to serve the purpose of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him).

CONTiNUES......

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
IN CONTiNUATION TO ABOVE.....

PART 4 ADDITIONALLY ‘AAKHERUL MASAJJIDE’ TELLS MUCH
The subject has been mentioned in different form in a hadith: Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said: ‘…fa’inni aakherul anbiyaa’ey wa anna masjadi aakherul masaajede..’ (Sahih Muslim, Kanzal Umal) – I am ‘aakher of Prophets’ and my mosque is the ‘aakher of mosques’.

Here the word Ba’d is not used, but word 'Aakher' is used. We know that raising mosques did not end after the mosque of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) was built which faced Ka'ba, to mark worship of only Allah.

After that, Mosques are being made as to copy and to serve the purpose of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.)’ s mosque i.e. to serve the purpose of Ka'ba. They are like shadow or Zill of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) ‘s mosque.

Similary, to copy and to serve Holy Prophet (s.a.w.)'s purpose [of Touheed of Allah which turns into compasion for humanity], his promised subservient Prophet - lost in his love - promised by Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) himself and Allah Almighty, the Promised Messiah and Mahdi has come by the grace of Allah, Al-Aziz, Al-Hakim, and after him, his Khilafat continues to serve the purpose to take message of real peaceful Islam to all mankind, as promised by Allah Almighty and Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) - by the grace of Allah Almighty.

Peace be on all.

Last edited: