• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L. Ron Hubbard made multiple racist comments.

Did Hubbard make a racist comment?

• yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • L. Ron Hubbard talking about how negroes imbue inanimate objects with personality. Therapy Section of Technique 80: Part I, Route to Infinity, 21 May 1952:
    "Actually, have you ever noticed how a negro, in particular, down south, where they're pretty close to the soil, personifies MEST? The gate post and the wagon and the whip and anything around there. A hat -- they talk to 'em, you know. "Wassa madda wit you, hat?" [laughter]. They imbue them, with personality."

• In this rare clip, L Ron hubbard Makes racist comments about African Americans
Scientology is the only religious movement founded by a known fraudster. Here we have him on tape revealing the extent of his racism. This isn't the only comment I have wherein Hubbard makes an appalling comment with regard to race.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
  • L. Ron Hubbard talking about how negroes imbue inanimate objects with personality. Therapy Section of Technique 80: Part I, Route to Infinity, 21 May 1952:
    "Actually, have you ever noticed how a negro, in particular, down south, where they're pretty close to the soil, personifies MEST? The gate post and the wagon and the whip and anything around there. A hat -- they talk to 'em, you know. "Wassa madda wit you, hat?" [laughter]. They imbue them, with personality."

• In this rare clip, L Ron hubbard Makes racist comments about African Americans
Scientology is the only religious movement founded by a known fraudster. Here we have him on tape revealing the extent of his racism. This isn't the only comment I have wherein Hubbard makes an appalling comment with regard to race.

Not surprising considering the time and era.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
L Ron being a racist is just another problem on his pile. He's not exactly a model person.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

This is a short clip, so I do not know the context

I know that in Hinduism some see all as God, and talk with "God" that way ... all are children of God ... God created all etc.

I like to see the positive side always. So, maybe Hubbart gave this as an example of this way of thinking
But as you mentioned that there are more racist clips, I guess Hubbart meant it as a belittling remark

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Well I suppose it was the 50s so not that surprising.

But I question the assertion that Scientology is the only religion founded by a known fraudster.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
L Ron Hubbard is so far out of touch with reality it difficult for me to consider him in any rational context. Could not respond to the poll.