• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kyklos Apollon?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Dear forum,

Kyklos Apollon is a virtual circle of people who either worship Apollo (1) simultaneously all over the world at a certain date (which I don't know) or (2) on Sundays when it's t 12 p. m. locally.

Does anybody know more about this?

Thanks, Sirona

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
I've heard of the group in general but I don't know anything about their reputation nor know anyone personally who's belonged to it. They have managed to stay around for a while but that doesn't necessarily imply they're a large group. In my experience, most groups fall by the wayside and of those that manage to hang on it's due in large part to a smallish determined core keeping things together.

If it sounds interesting to you, no reason not to explore further. As I said, I've not heard anything good or bad about them. Personally, I'm not big on "we gather every __day", smacks too much of monotheism. But I also can appreciate that some people may resort to that approach since we're not in a polytheistic society and like-minded practitioners are scattered. YMMV.

Isabella Lecour

I know of reports of personal rituals for Kyklos Apollon and of a single webpage that held hope for others to join in on a monthly dawn ritual. But for me, it was mostly a small dawn ritual held on the beach back when I lived on the East Coast, USA.

☆Dreamwind☆

I haven't heard of the group, and I'm not involved with the community, but it makes a lotta sense for a ritual to a Sun Deity.