• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Krishna life

dynavert2012

Hi Hindus

i was talking to a friend who told me about the smililarties between Krishna and Jesus, is that real?
Was Krishna was born on a virgin?
was Krishna being crucified and resurrected ?
had Krishna 12 students like Jesus ?
:help:

is that true or it's just a Myth fabricated by some people
if it's true would you please advise when these documents were found and when it was originally written ?

is that accepted by all Hindus ?

thanks in advance..

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I am sure Ratikala-ji can help you out. It's inauspicious to talk about Krishna-ji without her being involved.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I don't know much about Lord Krishna or Jesus, but from all the Vaishnavas (Krishna worshipers) I have met, it's like; Jesus? Jesus who?

So no, it's not widely accepted.

There may be certain similarities there, but that's where it ends.

I don't know if Krishna was born from a virgin....I heard He got shot in the foot by a deer hunter and He wasn't crucified and didn't 'rise again', and if you count the Gopis as being 'disciples' then maybe...

It's stretching it a bit though.

Om Namah Shivay

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think this idea is propalgated by 3 or 4 groups:
- liberal Hindus looking to appease Christians
- liberal Christians looking to appease Hindus
- universalists who think all religions are the same, and often don't stop there but add Moses, Buddha, Mohammed, and others including their own universalist Guru to the list.
- those in s a 'switch' and can't let the old faith go

Personally, I think a better way to find common ground is in ethics like honesty, charity, etc. There is undeniable common ground in ethics.

But for 95% of Hindus, the answer is a resounding "No."

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Hindus

i was talking to a friend who told me about the smililarties between Krishna and Jesus, is that real?

if it's true would you please advise when these documents were found and when it was originally written ?

is that accepted by all Hindus ?

thanks in advance..

Those comparisons listed are totally false, but I'm sure there are some liberal Hindus and liberal Christians who accept this. Liberal and universal as I am, I know that there's simply no truth to it.

There are some similarities, but there are similarities between many god-hero stories. Krishna is said to have lived in the third millennium BCE, way before any stories of Jesus or other god-heroes/god-men. In my view, it was influence from India that made its way around Asia and the Middle and Near East.

This is just the beginning of a list of sources debunking the more outrageous claims: Similarities between two god-men saviors: Jesus and Krishna

Jaskaran Singh

Divosūnupriyaḥ
I think this idea is propalgated by 3 or 4 groups:
- liberal Hindus looking to appease Christians
- liberal Christians looking to appease Hindus
- universalists who think all religions are the same, and often don't stop there but add Moses, Buddha, Mohammed, and others including their own universalist Guru to the list.
- those in s a 'switch' and can't let the old faith go

Personally, I think a better way to find common ground is in ethics like honesty, charity, etc. There is undeniable common ground in ethics.

But for 95% of Hindus, the answer is a resounding "No."
No, vinAyaka it's not by liberal Hindu-s, it's made by crackpot conspiracy theorists like AcArya S, as is evident in her site. There used to be a Zeitgeist movie a while ago, and the statement made and conclusions made therein were absurd. Most Christians hate AcArya S just as much as Hindu-s...
And, no, dynavert, kR^iShNa did not have a virgin birth; it would be hard for devakI to be a virgin if she had already had seven babies before, all of which were killed by kaMsa, dontcha think?

Kalidas

^This. There CAN be common ground found among religious groups. Heck even some of the stories can get repeated. But this is where I think the commonalities will be found. Not just commonalities but peace and mutual respect. Just because SOME on both sides may think Jesus and Krishna are "similar" doesn't mean everyone will or nor will it "help" build a positive relationship. NOW the idea of mutual respect and being good people to one another is something both faiths speak A LOT on. That is where friendship will be found, not in stories but in honest search of common ethical ties.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram:namaste

Hi Hindus

sadly , no this bears no resemblance to sri krsnas life or birth , which tradition is propigating such suggestions ???

as jaskaran ji has allready said krsna was born to vasudeva and devaki and was their eighth child the only similarity is that these both are considered to be divine births in that their coming was fortold , but there the similarity ends krsna in his young adulthood killed the evil king kamsa , he then became instrumental in bringing about a devestating war , and was not a preacher , he had no deciples , .. allthough he was loved by everyone around him and highly respected by some who realised his divinity , ....and finaly he enginered his own death and returned to his spiritual abode once his goals had been fulfilled .

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram MV ji :namaste

मैत्रावरुणिः;3578012 said:
I am sure Ratikala-ji can help you out. It's inauspicious to talk about Krishna-ji without her being involved.

jai jai :namaste ......that would be some amazing birth to be present where ever Sri Krsna is being spoken about .....but then I would be in the background chanting '' Radhe Radhe '' because ...well just because ....

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
namaskaram MV ji :namaste

jai jai :namaste ......that would be some amazing birth to be present where ever Sri Krsna is being spoken about .....but then I would be in the background chanting '' Radhe Radhe '' because ...well just because ....

But, you are the best and most knowledgeable on Krishna-ji.

To even speak about Krishna-ji without His most important devotee present would be evil.