• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Koka Vikoka and Gog Magog

Tyaga

Na Asat
Hello all,i was wondering if there is any similarities between Hindu demons Koka Vikoka who are mentioned in Kalki Purana and Gog Magog of the Abrahamic tradition.Could someone explain the characteristics of Gog and Mgog as mentioned in Abrahamic scriptures? :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Or Madhu and Kaitabha, or Shumbha and Nishshumbha, or Ravana and Kumbhakarna, or Kamsa and Chanura, or Hiranyaksha or Hiranyakashipu. One and one make eleven. :)

Tyaga

Na Asat
Or Madhu and Kaitabha, or Shumbha and Nishshumbha, or Ravana and Kumbhakarna, or Kamsa and Chanura, or Hiranyaksha or Hiranyakashipu. One and one make eleven. :)

But the names Koka Vikoka and Gog Magog are similar,unlike the names of these Asuras :p

Tumah

Veteran Member
I don't understand. Koka Vikoka are names of two twin demon brothers according to Wikipedia.

Genesis 10:2 "The sons of Japheth, Gomer and Magog and Madai and Javan and Tubal and Meshech and Tiras."
Ezekiel 38:2 "Son of man, put your face to Gog, the land of Magog; [the] prince head of Meshech and Tubal."

Gog is the leader of the nation of Magog that live in the land called Magog (in those times, the lands were named after the nation living there). He also heads the lands of Meshech and Tubal.

Where do the similarities start?

Tyaga

Na Asat
I don't understand. Koka Vikoka are names of two twin demon brothers according to Wikipedia.

Genesis 10:2 "The sons of Japheth, Gomer and Magog and Madai and Javan and Tubal and Meshech and Tiras."
Ezekiel 38:2 "Son of man, put your face to Gog, the land of Magog; [the] prince head of Meshech and Tubal."

Gog is the leader of the nation of Magog that live in the land called Magog (in those times, the lands were named after the nation living there). He also heads the lands of Meshech and Tubal.

I see,thank you for clarifying.I think revelation speaks of Satan gathering army of different countries and gog magog.It is similar to Kali(NOT Kāli the Goddess) having demon generals Koka Vikoka,that's why i asked :)

Tumah

Veteran Member
Tyāga;3650706 said:
I see,thank you for clarifying.I think revelation speaks of Satan gathering army of different countries and gog magog.It is similar to Kali(NOT Kāli the Goddess) having demon generals Koka Vikoka,that's why i asked :)

Oh, I don't know how the NT looks at it.

siddiq.temp

Tyāga;3649739 said:
Hello all,i was wondering if there is any similarities between Hindu demons Koka Vikoka who are mentioned in Kalki Purana and Gog Magog of the Abrahamic tradition.Could someone explain the characteristics of Gog and Mgog as mentioned in Abrahamic scriptures? :)

In the Islamic tradition, Gog and Magog are human beings [soceity] which cause mayhem during the end times.
There has been two instances in Holy Quran where they are mentioned by name,
1. Helps to identify their actual location (Surah : Al kahf)
2. Another (Surah: Anbiya) how they play a major role in bringing the people of a land who were prohibited from entering the land, are brought back by the help of Gog and magog.

This land is identified to be Jerusalem... and therefore the Gog and Magog are most rightly pointed to the Zionist Jews and Zionist Christians of todays time.

To help u understand them better u may search
"Explain The Reality Of The World By Sheikh Imran Hosein"
would u be able to share some info on koka vikoka.
Thanks,
Siddiq

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Magog is 6 foot 2 inches tall, 13 stone, black curly hair, brown eyes, highly intelligent and a good footballer.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Magog is 6 foot 2 inches tall, 13 stone, black curly hair, brown eyes, highly intelligent and a good footballer.

Perhaps. But does he remember to take off his shoes when he comes into the house OR IS HE GOING TO KEEP MAKING FOOTPRINTS ALL OVER MY FRESHLY WASHED FLOORS?!?!

Sabour

Tyāga;3649739 said:

Gog and Magog were mentioned in the Quraan.

21:96 Until when [the dam of] Gog and Magog has been opened and they, from every elevation, descend

18:83-98

83 And they ask you, [O Muhammad], about Dhul-Qarnayn. Say, "I will recite to you about him a report."
84 Indeed We established him upon the earth, and We gave him to everything a way.
85 So he followed a way
86 Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it [as if] setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near it a people. Allah said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness."
87 He said, "As for one who wrongs, we will punish him. Then he will be returned to his Lord, and He will punish him with a terrible punishment.
88 But as for one who believes and does righteousness, he will have a reward of Paradise, and we will speak to him from our command with ease."
89 Then he followed a way
90 Until, when he came to the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had not made against it any shield.
91 Thus. And We had encompassed [all] that he had in knowledge.
92 Then he followed a way
93 Until, when he reached [a pass] between two mountains, he found beside them a people who could hardly understand [his] speech.
94 They said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, indeed Gog and Magog are [great] corrupters in the land. So may we assign for you an expenditure that you might make between us and them a barrier?"
95 He said, "That in which my Lord has established me is better [than what you offer], but assist me with strength; I will make between you and them a dam.
96 Bring me sheets of iron" - until, when he had leveled [them] between the two mountain walls, he said, "Blow [with bellows]," until when he had made it [like] fire, he said, "Bring me, that I may pour over it molten copper."
97 So Gog and Magog were unable to pass over it, nor were they able [to effect] in it any penetration.
98 [Dhul-Qarnayn] said, "This is a mercy from my Lord; but when the promise of my Lord comes, He will make it level, and ever is the promise of my Lord true."

This is also a video link talking about them
[youtube]3Y20daw9WEY[/youtube]
Who are Yagoog & Magoog (gogs & magogs)? - YouTube

I hope this helps :)

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.
From Ahmadiyya Muslim understanding:
Selections_from_the_writings_Page_55.png

https://www.alislam.org/library/bro.../png/Selections_from_the_writings_Page_55.png

Unification

Many different subjective religions referring to one objective truth. Beautiful stuff. We can make it objective by applying what Gog and Magog can be "within" ourselves, because everything we all have within ourselves, we all have in common. The more we make these "literal and outward" definitions subjectively, the more we divide. The more we can relate and make them inward, we come together objectively.

Unification

The light is truth/wisdom/knowledge of God poured out from the heavens(brain).
The fruit that appears in season is good seed within the heart and mind growing within the human body. (the messianic seed growing within)
Times and seasons in scriptures are times and seasons that refer to what occurs within ourselves... wouldn't be literal seasons per say. This light and knowledge of God can only come when the human is repentant (falls away from sin and oneself sitting on top of their own throne and the man of sin is revealed within one due to change in "mind" when one surrenders their own mind and knowledge for the higher mind and knowledge(God)
The greater light to rule the day is the sun: conscious(Adam) and the lesser light to rule the night is the moon: Eve/subconscious/unconscious.
(Eastern hemisphere of brain and Western Hemisphere of brain)

Why Adam is in a deep sleep(unconsious-land of Nod-separated from God) when he conceives Cain (an evil seed) in his mind when he's given a woman(ones own lower mind)

Higher mind: God
Lower mind: ones own mind

Adam impregnating Eve with a seed of knowledge. Eve: mother of all living (ones own created mind of reality within their brain) (ones own subjective world)

Gog and Magog would represent the illusions and being deceived in ones own mind by their own created world within. Ones own empire of self. The inventions of mankind nonetheless. Earth in scripture represents our physical bodies. Fire coming down from heaven is the holy spirit or kundalini flooding the body with light and wisdom of God. Good knowledge of God coming and defeating our own knowledge and understanding. Bad seed/fruit conquers good seed/fruit and vice versa. (Cain murdering Abel) light and truth overcoming darkness and lies and vice versa.

It's moreso a spiritual Armageddon going on in ones mind. Ourselves wanting to hold on for dear life and God wanting to reign in ones life.

All of revelation happens internally. The seven churches/seven chakras... Etc.

One should seek truth and the higher objective wisdom of God for mankind. Not ones own subjective truth (a particular religion, etc)

The animal mind (lower mind) is what needs defeated. Behind all of our religious texts in all religions stands one objective truth. Every name, place, or object in our religious texts has a deeper spiritual meaning for something within ourselves. Particularly the brain, mind, and heart.

What we all have in common is of God, and all of those things are within ourselves. Objective.
Everything else is subjective and an illusion and a method of deceiving to keep us from the truth. When we surrender ourselves in all ways, the light and truth is more and more revealed within ourselves.

Unification

Gog and Magog were mentioned in the Quraan.

21:96 Until when [the dam of] Gog and Magog has been opened and they, from every elevation, descend

18:83-98

83 And they ask you, [O Muhammad], about Dhul-Qarnayn. Say, "I will recite to you about him a report."
84 Indeed We established him upon the earth, and We gave him to everything a way.
85 So he followed a way
86 Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it [as if] setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near it a people. Allah said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness."
87 He said, "As for one who wrongs, we will punish him. Then he will be returned to his Lord, and He will punish him with a terrible punishment.
88 But as for one who believes and does righteousness, he will have a reward of Paradise, and we will speak to him from our command with ease."
89 Then he followed a way
90 Until, when he came to the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had not made against it any shield.
91 Thus. And We had encompassed [all] that he had in knowledge.
92 Then he followed a way
93 Until, when he reached [a pass] between two mountains, he found beside them a people who could hardly understand [his] speech.
94 They said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, indeed Gog and Magog are [great] corrupters in the land. So may we assign for you an expenditure that you might make between us and them a barrier?"
95 He said, "That in which my Lord has established me is better [than what you offer], but assist me with strength; I will make between you and them a dam.
96 Bring me sheets of iron" - until, when he had leveled [them] between the two mountain walls, he said, "Blow [with bellows]," until when he had made it [like] fire, he said, "Bring me, that I may pour over it molten copper."
97 So Gog and Magog were unable to pass over it, nor were they able [to effect] in it any penetration.
98 [Dhul-Qarnayn] said, "This is a mercy from my Lord; but when the promise of my Lord comes, He will make it level, and ever is the promise of my Lord true."

This is also a video link talking about them
[youtube]3Y20daw9WEY[/youtube]
Who are Yagoog & Magoog (gogs & magogs)? - YouTube

I hope this helps :)

Sounds like the west and east hemispheres of the brain as the two mountains (Adam and Eve) that need United in divine marriage (two becoming one) into the single eye and place of Pineal (gland between east and west hemispheres of brain. Entering paradise and peace and God's rest when the mind and body are flooded with fire and Holy Spirit (destruction of worldy influences and ones own created world by coming of light/revealing of Wisdom and truth.)

Gog and Magog (lies and wordly influences) being great corrupters in the land (mind/body)

Rising of the sun is this great outpouring of light from within the brain (holy spirit or kundalini) Then all lies and evil emotions, desires, thoughts, etc have no more control over us. We are led by the spirit and not the mind. Any lies and subjective evil has no more penetration in our minds.

Unification

Oh, I don't know how the NT looks at it.

The NT would look at it as Jesus being crucified at the place of the skull. Metaphorical for the 2 cheribum, one on the left and one on the right of his cross (west hemisphere of brain and east hemisphere of brain) and then the temple being torn in two (two becoming one) (divine marriage) (entering Gods rest and paradise)

Unification

An evil mind. West hemisphere of brain and east hemisphere of brain. Song of Solomon chapter 4 says when divine marriage occurs between God and man, we will bear twins (a good mind : west and east hemispheres of brain unite in divine marriage. 2 cheribum in the tabernacle of God(brain) where the 12 cranial nerves guiding our 5 senses come from.
Thou art fair and even and balanced my love. The day breaks (light comes) and shadows flee (darkness) and there is no spot left in one (no sin).
A spring and fountain comes up from the heart/brain and the human bears all good seed (fruit) within themselves.
Thy hair is a flock of goats (hair symbolic of being well covered by the spirit and strength of God)
We are no longer barren (one without manchild- the messianic seed)
Two breasts- two young roes: western and eastern hemispheres of brain awakened (north wind and south wind)