• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Koch Brothers Donate 25 Million

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Even the brain of a mere lab rat is smart enough to see through this Koch PR gesture and recognize it for what it is.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Worth it for the PR. The Koch's could find $25M under the cushions of their couch.

Jeremy Mason

How many millions did they spend trying to campaign for candidates that supported to abolish the Department of Education?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The NYTImes did ignore it to their discredit.

Is it that important of a story to begin with? I mean, "Billionaire brothers pull PR stunt by donating what they make in 17 minutes to charity" -- is that really important news?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wonder what Harry Reid will say about this donation? Probably nothing because the left leaning media will not report it. Isn't there someone on this forum that considers the Koch brothers their personal boogeymen? Wonder what they have to say about this?
Koch Brothers Give $25 Million to United Negro College Fund
Reid
I must say you did get some flaming results from your bait.
The one thing they hate more than Koch Bros doing something
bad is their doing something good. Twas a regular "lefties flambe".
twinkie-flambe.gif

Last edited:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
If AP, PBS, HuffPo and the Daily Caller are not on your list of liberal media, who is (outside of the NY Times, of course).
But see, that's not how the game of manufactured outrage is played. Even if all alleged "liberal news outlets" report it, you still claim they don't and maintain moral high-ground. Who needs facts anyways?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Koch Brothers Plan $300 Million Spending Spree In 2014

The billionaire Koch brothers and their political network are planning to spend almost $300 million during the 2014 election cycle, some of which will go toward a renewed effort to combat unprecedented carbon regulations unveiled by the Obama administration last month.

Notice they always spend their money looking out for their business profits. Big Oil, buying politicians to prevent regulations which would keep our air and water safe. Do they care about Americans, nope. Do they care about their bottom line, yep. As obscene as it is.
People should not have this much power with their money in America, that goes for both sides.
Koch Brothers Plan $300 Million Spending Spree In 2014

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But see, that's not how the game of manufactured outrage is played. Even if all alleged "liberal news outlets" report it, you still claim they don't and maintain moral high-ground. Who needs facts anyways?
I like facts, but I like to see them agreed upon from sources with different agendas.
Even then, facts are often just popular opinions....& can change.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
tytlyf said:
Notice they always spend their money looking out for their business profits.
That is not clear. For example they donated to the museum of art and the negro college fund.

Big Oil, buying politicians to prevent regulations which would keep our air and water safe.
That is a mistake I think. If they are 'Buying politicians' I'd rather it be them than certain other people. It isn't necessarily as bad thing as if our politicians were being bought by foreigners, because the Koch brothers come from a smart USA family and are perhaps spending on politicians for more reasons than just to encourage oil etc etc.

Do they care about Americans, nope.
Yes, they care about Americans. Americans as a rule care about both Americans and America.

Do they care about their bottom line, yep. As obscene as it is.
That is an unsupportable claim that demonizes the Koch brothers for succeeding, but I agree that it is dangerous to have too much concentration of wealth. I am glad that it was the Koch brothers and not someone insane. They may not make the best decisions but they are sane ones.

People should not have this much power with their money in America, that goes for both sides.
Agree 100%. This is not in the spirit of the Anti Trust act. Where is Roosevelt when we need him?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Revoltingest said:
I like facts, but I like to see them agreed upon from sources with different agendas.
You must admit that sometimes you ignore facts just to be on the safe side.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Not very much percentage wise though. How about the CA businessman that is giving $100 million to support those that support the global warming issue.
Liberal Billionaire Pledges $100 Million to Bully U.S. on Global Warming | NewsBusters

I would assume you have no problem with this since you support his views. Somewhat hypocritical aren't you?
You see, that's the difference with the parties. Not sure why they refer to this as dark money as it's been disclosed. The Kochs don't want people to know where they put their money.
Billionaires/millionaires on the D side usually donate to societal needs. He's shining the light on climate change which is in line with 95%+ of all scientists. THen you have the Kochs spending more money on lying to the public about it's realism. All so they don't have to spend money on making their fossil fuels less harmful when entering the atmosphere/water supply.
I get it, you hate science and scientists. Most foxers do. It's mostly a religious issue with them apparently.

tytlyf

Not Religious
because the Koch brothers come from a smart USA family and are perhaps spending on politicians for more reasons than just to encourage oil etc etc.
Their family history isn't pretty. Their father made most of his money in Stalin Russia Oil. Even one of their brothers agrees that what Charles and David do with the business is criminal. Yet they spend tons of money to deceive the public with downright misinformation and fear.
I'm just happy they are having a light shone on them lately. They run the republican party.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Thing is, if the OP had researched this a little better (i.e. so called liberal news outlets reporting said story), then the premise here that left leaning media is ignoring this is bogus.