• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knowing perfectly well i dont know it all

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am very aware i do not know or understand everything i should in islam as a muslim, does it make me a bad muslim? No it means there is more to learn, more to understand.
It's is a part of the prosess of becomming what Allah ask of me. And i am not there yet.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I am very aware i do not know or understand everything i should in islam as a muslim, does it make me a bad muslim? No it means there is more to learn, more to understand.
It's is a part of the prosess of becomming what Allah ask of me. And i am not there yet.
Life would be very boring if you, I or anyone knew it all.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Nobody knows everything about anything, nevermind your religion. Notoriously muslims don't know everything about their religion, especially certain words in the Quran which are said to be unknown. In fact, most know very little about it, they don't even know what the meaning is of what they are reciting on a daily basis. So I would think that in Islam there are certain basic standards to follow that make you a muslim.

Nobody knows everything about anything, nevermind your religion. Notoriously muslims don't know everything about their religion, especially certain words in the Quran which are said to be unknown. In fact, most know very little about it, they don't even know what the meaning is of what they are reciting on a daily basis. So I would think that in Islam there are certain basic standards to follow that make you a muslim.

other religions are there even worse Christianity ignores everything and when you say that it was a parable and explain that fish were people (fishermen of people) and that bread was a word so they immediately criticize you for being a false prophet and I do not know what else

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Life is about learning what life is. We all suffer from this maladie, but some think they don't

Daemon Sophic

82133199.jpg

Orbit

I'm a planet
It's not something you should feel bad about. We're all always learning. Just live a good life and follow your religion as best you can. You don't have to know everything about it, that's what religious scholars are for.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My reason for this OP was to do with a certain member who thinks he know everything about every religion.....it just needed to be Said:)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
other religions are there even worse Christianity ignores everything and when you say that it was a parable and explain that fish were people (fishermen of people) and that bread was a word so they immediately criticize you for being a false prophet and I do not know what else

No they are not. Christians can understand what they are reading, most muslims do not, which makes these muslims in the worse position because they are absolutely following men for their religion and not the text. Therefore muslims are worse off because they can't even verify anything for themselves. Christians can analyze their texts, most muslims cannot and are discouraged from doing so.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No they are not. Christians can understand what they are reading, most muslims do not, which makes these muslims in the worse position because they are absolutely following men for their religion and not the text. Therefore muslims are worse off because they can't even verify anything for themselves. Christians can analyze their texts, most muslims cannot and are discouraged from doing so.
Actually i have to agree with you here. I do know muslims who read the teaching every day, but have no understanding of what they actually read, they have been told arabic Quran is the only one they should read, but majority of muslims does not read or speak arabic ( me included)
But yes we should learn it.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Actually i have to agree with you here. I do know muslims who read the teaching every day, but have no understanding of what they actually read, they have been told arabic Quran is the only one they should read, but majority of muslims does not read or speak arabic ( me included)
But yes we should learn it.

What are they basing their faith on then? Just what the Imam's say? And then are they trusting Allah or men?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What are they basing their faith on then? Just what the Imam's say? And then are they trusting Allah or men?
Many of them listen to the imam and take his word for what the teaching tells, unfortunatly not all imam's are very educated them selvs.

In sufism there is no imam's but there is shayks who are our teachers, my own teacher still study the teaching every day, not because he do not know enough to teach, but because there is even more to realize for him too, the inner path of a sufi does not end :)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Many of them listen to the imam and take his word for what the teaching tells, unfortunatly not all imam's are very educated them selvs.

In sufism there is no imam's but there is shayks who are our teachers, my own teacher still study the teaching every day, not because he do not know enough to teach, but because there is even more to realize for him too, the inner path of a sufi does not end :)

That is why Sufism is probably the more spiritual path in the religion, because you guys are always thinking deeper things as part of your faith. That is probably also why generally muslims don't like you guys.

It adds an element that I always found strange about Sunni Islam as a Christian: Whereas Christianity focuses on our relationship with God and spiritual things, Islam has seemed very shallow and empty to me, especially with the deflection of deeper questions. It focuses on ritual and material life, so it seems very materialistic to me.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That is why Sufism is probably the more spiritual path in the religion, because you guys are always thinking deeper things as part of your faith. That is probably also why generally muslims don't like you guys.

It adds an element that I always found strange about Sunni Islam as a Christian: Whereas Christianity focuses on our relationship with God and spiritual things, Islam has seemed very shallow and empty to me, especially with the deflection of deeper questions. It focuses on ritual and material life, so it seems very materialistic to me.
It's is true that sufism is the more spiritual part of islam:) ven we follow and study the quran, we can think for our self, in that the more questions we as our self or our teacher, the more we can understand and not only blindly follow what others tell us.