• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Know Thine Enemy

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Ask your Rival questions. Go on, I dare you.

Challenged accepted! :p

What flavor of Anglican are you leaning towards? More high church/Anglo-Catholic or more low-church/Episcopalianism style Anglicanism? Or somewhere in-between?

Branching form the first question, do you (or do you plan on) using Anglican beads/a rosary? What's your stance on Mary and the Saints?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Challenged accepted! :p

What flavor of Anglican are you leaning towards? More high church/Anglo-Catholic or more low-church/Episcopalianism style Anglicanism? Or somewhere in-between?

Branching form the first question, do you (or do you plan on) using Anglican beads/a rosary? What's your stance on Mary and the Saints?

Low Church. I don't venerate Maria or the Saints. I don't use Rosary beads. Dyed in the wool Protestant Anglican. Perhaps even with a flavour of Reformed Baptism in some areas.

Tumah

Veteran Member
So instead of thinking you're a guy, now we'll think you're a Greek.

...I'm not sure which one is better...

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
So instead of thinking you're a guy, now we'll think you're a Greek.

...I'm not sure which one is better...

Well most names in use in the UK come from either Hebrew (the Scriptures), Greek or Latin. So that's not a problem. :)

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, OK.

What do you think of Anglo-Papalists? Those are Anglicans who accept papal authority, but aren't trying to become Catholic de jure or in rites.

I think it's bad if they put Papal authority above Scriptural Authority, then it is a problem. I'd have to meet individuals first and let them describe their beliefs before I judge them.

Kirran

Premium Member

I think it's bad if they put Papal authority above Scriptural Authority, then it is a problem. I'd have to meet individuals first and let them describe their beliefs before I judge them.

That makes sense.

So if one deems the Pope to be contradicting Scripture, then you'd ignore him on that point. Do you consider him to have done so at any point?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
That makes sense.

So if one deems the Pope to be contradicting Scripture, then you'd ignore him on that point. Do you consider him to have done so at any point?

The current Pope I'm unsure of, tbh. I'd have to look into more of what he's said.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
OK. Another question: do any Christian denominations that you know of violate scriptural authority, in your opinion, by virtue of their beliefs?

Roman Catholics, Arminians, Jehovah's Witnesses, Universalism... Any sort of open theism (Google that if you don't know). But as this isn't a debate DIR, I don't want to post too much in-case someone feels the need to challenge me.