• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KJV "OT" quoters: a recommendation ...

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
... actually, two:
  1. Don't.
  2. If you're too too cheap, too lazy, and or too disinterested to acquire a decent Tanakh, at least consult a reasonably good translation from a Jewish source, e.g., Sefaria
Arn't the Christian translations of the OT done by them from the original Jewish sources under consultaion from the Judaism, please? I had that impression somehow.
Right friend, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I would advise the opposite. I believe that the Christian Bible is authentic and the Jewish version to have been changed after the fall of the second temple in AD 70. I do not believe the Apostles would have put their stamps on an inauthentic version of the Bible.
If sinful Paul could fake a vision and become an Apostel on his own, how could they be trusted, please?

Regards

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
If sinful Paul could fake a vision and become an Apostel on his own, how could they be trusted, please?

Regards
As I mentioned to blü 2, you are responding to a post from over 3 years ago and to a member who has, in fact, not been on the forum for 3 years. I don't think he is going to get a response from Mr. Firth and I suspect the same is true for you.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
As I mentioned to blü 2, you are responding to a post from over 3 years ago and to a member who has, in fact, not been on the forum for 3 years. I don't think he is going to get a response from Mr. Firth and I suspect the same is true for you.
Any other Christian could answer, there is no restriction. Right, please?

Regards