• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kirtan for Harmonium

Maija

Hi guys :)

I've started harmonium lessons, I'm brand spanking new to this- had one lesson thus far.

They are $20 for 45 min and I split the cost with a friend, so I can't exactly keep this up for too long. I will be buying a harmonium with my teacher as soon as I get my tax returns back, but my question is, for any harmonium players:

Assume you practice a bit everyday, how often before you can help lead kirtans? Years? I'm totally new to this, so forgive any ignorant questions, I'm a former dancer, not a musician.

THanks in advance, love and blessings.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Assume you practice a bit everyday, how often before you can help lead kirtans? Years? I'm totally new to this, so forgive any ignorant questions, I'm a former dancer, not a musician.
I hope you can do Kirtans with practice of 10-12 days. My mother and some aunts of locality started a Kritan Group about 2 years ago. At that time they had no knowledge of Kirtan and instruments but now they are very good in it. :D

ratikala

Istha gosthi
dear maija ,

Hi guys :)

I've started harmonium lessons,

jai jai ,

something I allways wanted to learn but there never seems to be enough time ,

allthough I can play a little just from messing around ,

anyhow good luck ,

wishing you well

Maija

Thanks for all the comments, friends !

I hope you can do Kirtans with practice of 10-12 days. My mother and some aunts of locality started a Kritan Group about 2 years ago. At that time they had no knowledge of Kirtan and instruments but now they are very good in it.

This is good. I REALLY want a Bina 23B, I've calculated how much Overtime I have to do to afford one..heh..Equally as much practice will be my "singing voice."

*ahem.*
lol

something I allways wanted to learn but there never seems to be enough time

Don't say you have no time; because you have exactly the same 24 hours that Mother Teresa, Michaelangelo, Einstein, Helen Keller and the like had!

LOL.

:hug:

I say this, think this and 'do that' too though. I am just going to have to make time.

Very much looking forward to it though !

:p

THink this will be my new passion, outside of learning about Sri Krsna !