• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KING of Kings

If Jesus is the KING of Kings, where does the Father fit into the mix??

"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your KINGdom come,"

In the love of Christ, sincerely, The Real Milk Man.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your KINGdom come,"

Iesous = human, not a part of Deity.

The Hebrew had ONE God, not a trinity; and the expected Messiah was human, not God.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I imagine Jesus to be the king of human kings. God, spirit and Jesus...different beings in my opinion.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1 Kings 1 33-35 While David was still alive Solomon was given the kingship and the throne. Yahweh can give His Son the throne. God did give it to him, didn't HE?

Shermana

Heretic
In Sirach, which was probably considered Canonical at the time to the Nazarene sects, the Father is called the "King of king of kings". To be the "king of kings" would mean to be the chief earthly governor, who is still under a king.

Konjim

"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your KINGdom come,"

I do not think , we believe that Jesus as symbol of God , heaven is place where god live

A few more scriptures to ponder;

Psalm 89:27, "I will make him the firstborn, the highest of the kings of the Earth." (Luke 1:32)
Daniel 4:37 speaks of the King of Heaven (our Father in Heaven... your KINGdom come).
John 14:28, Jesus says the Father is greater than Himself.
1 Corinthians 15:24-28, Jesus hands the kingdom back over to the Father and is subject to Him. (1 Corinthians 11:3)
Mat. 5:34-35, Jesus refers to His Father as the GREAT KING in heaven.
Jesus refers to a kingdom as His Father's kingdom in Mat. 13:43 and 26:29

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The facts are that none of the verses touted as proving Iesous is part of a trinity - and god - actually say that. He is a special teacher - if he existed at all.