• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

King Edward VI of England Fatal Challenge of the Universal Roman Catholic Church

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Maybe God was using Protestant insurgence as punishment of the church for doing the inquisition.
Which would defy what Paul said that it is not proper to sow division within the flock, and he also repeatedly refers to the Church as being of "one body". It also clearly was and is an organization built on Christ and the Apostles and their appointees.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I guess God just didn't think Eddie was the guy for the job.

I believe most of the time he had regents. He backed the wrong person for his heir. He should have chosen Elizabeth. Then the country would have been spared Bloody Mary.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Which would defy what Paul said that it is not proper to sow division within the flock, and he also repeatedly refers to the Church as being of "one body". It also clearly was and is an organization built on Christ and the Apostles and their appointees.

I believe of course that there should be no division but the RCC sowed the seeds of dissent by not following the leading of the Holy Spirit. Quite evidently the Holy Spirit felt a correction was necessary.

metis

I believe of course that there should be no division but the RCC sowed the seeds of dissent by not following the leading of the Holy Spirit.
There always was some dissention as we read in the Gospels, and yet Jesus still stuck with the Twelve. The Church is not for sinless people as they wouldn't need it.

Quite evidently the Holy Spirit felt a correction was necessary.
So Jesus either did not anticipate this or that he lied? Again, I think you're forgetting the importance of the Church.

Elihoenai

Yet you do not allow the Church to determine/define its own statements.

That's because those who see the Spiritual have Absolute Certainty about what the Earthly Universal Roman Catholic Church IS. If you have Spiritual Eyes you can plainly see in this thread that the Nature Ordained Earthly Church of God is Deception, Idolatry, Violence and Hypocrisy. These Earthly Qualities are required for God's Earthly Church to have Dominion over the Entire World. Brutes of the World don't respond to Hugs and Kisses.

Elihoenai

You are unable or unwilling to understand the difference between veneration and adoration, the latter belonging to God alone. Worship is to God in the name of Jesus, 'through Him, with Him, in the Unity of the Holy Spirit.' As for images, as humans, we are tangible people, our belief is not of the head alone, but the heart. In our lives we use many symbols to express our belief; my wedding ring is symbolic of my marriage, but it's only a visible reminder of who I am in relation to another. Gestures and sacred images are symbolic of Catholic belief, our relationship with Jesus, not to be confused with worship.

Ezekiel 8:9-10

9 And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.

10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about.

The 2.2 Billions of Earthly Christians Need Physical Objects to Idol Worship because of their Nature. The Elect of the Roman Catholic Church know this. Since the time that Man first Rebelled Against Elohim/God until the present day every person in every Society Worship False God Idols. Israel have been continually Blighted by this Sin. An Idol or Idols takes the place of the True Elohim/God for the Rebellious.

Elihoenai

I believe the RCC might think itself to be universal but it is not and never was.

I believe people can induce God's wrath in all kinds of ways. Unless God says that was the case I wouldn't put much stock in that kind of speculation.

Roman Catholic Church is Universal by the Facts on the Ground and not Speculation. All Protestants are actually Roman Catholic. The Eastern Orthodox Church is actually Roman Catholic. You have to know what the Underlying Nature of the Universal Roman Catholic Church IS to see this Unification.

The Universal Power of the Earthly RCC is Ordained by Elohim/God through Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Well...considering Elizabeth I's long reign, I must assume that she was blessed by God, for restoring Anglicanism, right?

But this thread is really insightful. So many theologians point out that several monarchs died after challenging the RCC and its existence.

As far as I can tell all Monarchs died, whether they supported the Church of Rome or not.
Some earlier and some later than others.
The present Monarch has out lived them all.
And she is a devout Anglican.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As far as I can tell all Monarchs died, whether they supported the Church of Rome or not.
Some earlier and some later than others.
The present Monarch has out lived them all.
And she is a devout Anglican.
She is the head of the Church of England. So...of course she is

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

During Pauls Mission There was no Roman Catholic church.
Rome was still persecuting Christians and killing them.

However there were already many churches that Paul and Others had founded.
the Church of Rome is a relative new comer.
Paul advocated their unification, preferably following his own teachings.
The Church at that time was led from Jerusalem, who preferred Christians to follow the Law.

There were essentially two branches of Christianity at that time. one consisting of Judaeo- christians that followed the law Led by Peter and James, and those Churches formed in Gentile Communities led mainly by Paul.
The Roman Catholic Church was eventually formed from a Romanised form of Pauls churches. but never replaced the Coptic, Ethiopian, or Greek and Syrian Churches, which had separate foundations outside Roman rule.

Even the Church in the British isles was dominated by the Celtic church and was not fully resolved and reconciled to the Roman church until the Synod of Whitby in 664. though some Irish led churches in norther England and Ireland still celebrated the Celtic Easter and calendar until the 8th century. The Celtic Church was similar to the Coptic church as it organised itself around individual monasteries, rather than the Roman Sees under a bishop. Under the Coptic/Celtic system, a monastery might be the home base of several travelling Bishops none of which had a fixed territory of their own.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
She is the head of the Church of England. So...of course she is

That does not follow at all.
Not all kings and Queen have been "Devout" at all.
However all have been titular head of the Church of England.

The Law of succession no longer require a monarch to marry a Protestant. which may cause some issues in the future.
Though Prince Charles wishes to be "Defender of the Faiths" rather than "Defender of the Faith" the usual title.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Though Prince Charles wishes to be "Defender of the Faiths" rather than "Defender of the Faith" the usual title.
I guess he can't do that. As the next monarch, he is expected to serve the Church of England, primarily.
Protecting and defending freedom of religion and pluralism, does not imply to serve all faiths.

I guess we have the exact same issue with Pope Francis.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I guess he can't do that. As the next monarch, he is expected to serve the Church of England, primarily.
Protecting and defending freedom of religion and pluralism, does not imply to serve all faiths.

I guess we have the exact same issue with Pope Francis.

He probably can do that as that Title is assumed by him, it was originally conferred by the Pope on English monarchs by was later withdrawn. However it has been self assumed by monarchs ever since. it is not in the gift of either the Government or the Church of England. Like all Royal titles it is in their own gift.

pearl

The Universal Power of the Earthly RCC is Ordained by Elohim/God through Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

So are you saying the RCC is sanctioned by God, if so, then the Chruch is greater than the hierarchy
and the sins of the sons and daughters.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Deuteronomy 28:22

22 The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

364px-Circle_of_William_Scrots_Edward_VI_of_England.jpg

Edward VI

"...The transformation of the Church of England into a recognisably Protestant body also occurred under Edward, who took great interest in religious matters. His father, Henry VIII, had severed the link between the Church and Rome, but had never permitted the renunciation of Catholic doctrine or ceremony. It was during Edward's reign that Protestantism was established for the first time in England with reforms that included the abolition of clerical celibacy and the Mass, and the imposition of compulsory services in English...."

Illness and death

"Edward became ill during January 1553 with a fever and cough that gradually worsened. The imperial ambassador, Jean Scheyfve, reported that "he suffers a good deal when the fever is upon him, especially from a difficulty in drawing his breath, which is due to the compression of the organs on the right side"...."

"...Edward made his final appearance in public on 1 July, when he showed himself at his window in Greenwich Palace, horrifying those who saw him by his "thin and wasted" condition...."

"...The surgeon who opened Edward's chest after his death found that "the disease whereof his majesty died was the disease of the lungs".[185] The Venetian ambassador reported that Edward had died of consumption—in other words, tuberculosis—a diagnosis accepted by many historians...."

Edward VI - Wikipedia

Why do you think Elohim/God smote King Edward VI until he Perished at 15 in the way described in Deuteronomy 28:22? Do you agree that it is because he challenged the Supreme Authority of the Universal Roman Catholic Church?
Why do you think the Pope who excommunicated Henry VIII died choking on his own phlegm? Do you agree that it is because he challenged the Supreme Authority of Henry VIII as the head of the Church of England?

metis

During Pauls Mission There was no Roman Catholic church.
Sorry to be brief but I have to leave soon.

It was not called the "Roman Catholic Church" at first, thus the closest label for itself is considered to be "the Way". Later, "Christian" became more used [2nd century], and then "Catholic" did [late 3rd century], which means "universal".

However there were already many churches that Paul and Others had founded.
the Church of Rome is a relative new comer.
Local churches, yes, which he made clear when he said the Church is "one body".

Gotta go.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Sorry to be brief but I have to leave soon.

It was not called the "Roman Catholic Church" at first, thus the closest label for itself is considered to be "the Way". Later, "Christian" became more used [2nd century], and then "Catholic" did [late 3rd century], which means "universal".

Local churches, yes, which he made clear when he said the Church is "one body".

Gotta go.

The Roman Catholic Church was the State Church of Rome. Supported by the Emperor in all its territories. All churches and leader's that did not submit to its rule and dogma were destroyed or banished as heretics. There was a considerable clear out of dissenters after Nicaea. As I mentioned earlier, a number of prominent earlier churches survive to this day.
The Roman Catholic Church is only preeminent in its own mind.
There are numerous other Episcopal churches, that are also universal.