• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kinda sick of this

Vee

Premium Member
I don't know about you guys, but I came to the conclusion that I'm really, really sick of talking about Covid.
Some subjects have exhausted me before but this one reached all new highs. I feel like we're running in circles, coming back to the same stuff over and over again. I think I've had enough. Moving on...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't know about you guys, but I came to the conclusion that I'm really, really sick of talking about Covid.
Some subjects have exhausted me before but this one reached all new highs. I feel like we're running in circles, coming back to the same stuff over and over again. I think I've had enough. Moving on...
Agree with on this

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I think we all are.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It all depends upon who ya talk to.
While my daily post count is down as a result,
I've cut back on discussing with some people.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This is strange to me. COVID is, after all, an existential threat that is not going to just go away by itself -- however much we might prefer to put our heads in the sand and ignore it.

And yet, it is also something that we could get on top of. Perhaps not completely, but at least to the extent that we could return to a life of some normalcy.

The problem is, that we're so desperate to get to that normalcy that we'd prefer to pretend that we're already there -- but we're not. This is a modern world, and people are constantly and continually travelling hither, thither and yon, and carrying the virus with us, while the virus is taking the opportunity to continue to mutate, potentially leading to further problems down the road.

So, to get to some normalcy, I think we have to acknowledge that we don't have it, that we are indeed in a pitched battle, and continue the dialogue until we can defeat this enemy.

To be blunt, since we know that unchecked viruses WILL mutate, by trying to ignore it, we may well be providing aid and comfort to the enemy.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
This is strange to me. COVID is, after all, an existential threat that is not going to just go away by itself -- however much we might prefer to put our heads in the sand and ignore it.

And yet, it is also something that we could get on top of. Perhaps not completely, but at least to the extent that we could return to a life of some normalcy.

The problem is, that we're so desperate to get to that normalcy that we'd prefer to pretend that we're already there -- but we're not. This is a modern world, and people are constantly and continually travelling hither, thither and yon, and carrying the virus with us, while the virus is taking the opportunity to continue to mutate, potentially leading to further problems down the road.

So, to get to some normalcy, I think we have to acknowledge that we don't have it, that we are indeed in a pitched battle, and continue the dialogue until we can defeat this enemy.

To be blunt, since we know that unchecked viruses WILL mutate, by trying to ignore it, we may well be providing aid and comfort to the enemy.

One can take precautions and still not talk about it.

I wear masks, have been vaccinated, and don't go out in enclosed public places(I go out into nature still) when it can be avoided. However, I'd still rather much hear about what someone had for lunch than their thoughts on Covid. If we have the same view, great. If we have different, its unlikely I'll change their mind. So...

What'd you have for lunch? :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's good that there's an entire Covid section for people here to post in or avoid depending on their desires.

But with the political war over vaccination, the attacks by mask haters, firing of the unvaccinated, to avoid COVID means to avoid quite a bit of the news.

That's not my nature but I'm not going to insist that others be like me.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
One can take precautions and still not talk about it.
Yes, that's certainly true. But if you are taking precautions, and nobody else is, your precautions won't accomplish very much in the grand scheme of things.
I wear masks, have been vaccinated, and don't go out in enclosed public places(I go out into nature still) when it can be avoided. However, I'd still rather much hear about what someone had for lunch than their thoughts on Covid. If we have the same view, great. If we have different, its unlikely I'll change their mind. So...
I have done all of that for over 18 months now. But since I'm fully vaccinated, in a province where large numbers of others are likewise -- and where vaccination passports will be the rule next week for indoor public settings -- I look forward to at least that much of normality returning.

For whatever reasons (mine are my own) I strongly need public settings, like bars. After forty foster homes, home is not a place I want to be, and I'm uncomfortable visiting others -- and yet I still need to socialize. That's a strong need for me.
What'd you have for lunch? :)
Chicken Tikka Masala - a brilliant little place in Toronto called Tamasha -- best Tikka Masala anywhere.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, that's certainly true. But if you are taking precautions, and nobody else is, your precautions won't accomplish very much in the grand scheme of things.

I have done all of that for over 18 months now. But since I'm fully vaccinated, in a province where large numbers of others are likewise -- and where vaccination passports will be the rule next week for indoor public settings -- I look forward to at least that much of normality returning.

For whatever reasons (mine are my own) I strongly need public settings, like bars. After forty foster homes, home is not a place I want to be, and I'm uncomfortable visiting others -- and yet I still need to socialize. That's a strong need for me.

Chicken Tikka Masala - a brilliant little place in Toronto called Tamasha -- best Tikka Masala anywhere.

Its true. I wish everyone would take precautions. However, in the course of my life, I've been confronted with a nasty fact, and that's that almost no one cares what my opinion is. I can come at someone with facts and figures and what I feel is common sense, but if what I'd saying doesn't match up with the view spread by their own favorite sources, they're probably not going to take me very seriously. And I am just too worn out to argue when I don't think it will do any good. If someone was on the fence, I may stay and chat and try to make a convincing case, but if someone's so far out they can't hear me talk, there's just no sense in it. Better to talk about something else.

I love Tikka Masala. :) I used to order the paneer version.

ecco

Veteran Member

Riiight! So start another new thread on the subject you don't want to discuss.