• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kim Jong IL Dead

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
China would definitely NOT benefit from a united Korea - that is, a democratic united Korea. It's not so much North Korea I'm worried about - I'm more concerned about their close neighbor and ally who may try to take advantage of the instability of the region.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
China would definitely NOT benefit from a united Korea - that is, a democratic united Korea. It's not so much North Korea I'm worried about - I'm more concerned about their close neighbor and ally who may try to take advantage of the instability of the region.

Hmm? Gotta disagree. If anything, I see China being the strongest force in ensuring North Korea gets its act together. It's in China's best interest for North Korea to mobilize some economic reforms in favor of the Beijing model.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Not too many 20 year olds have their finger on a nuke. One can only hope his daddy has left him with a wise mentor. There are going to be alot of things in flux right now and we can only hope the cards fall in a reasonable fashion.

Right now, I doubt anyone knows what is going to happen. I'm sure Japan is not sleeping real well.

This is not a good time for Obama to go to our 49th state which is in range of Korea's missles.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
The kid would have to be pretty effin' dumb to even contemplate such a move. Keep in mind that even according to North Korean media this kid wasn't being properly assimilated into the job until 2010 since his older brothers proved "unworthy" over the last two decades. My guess is that the military or his uncle have more power at the moment.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not too many 20 year olds have their finger on a nuke. One can only hope his daddy has left him with a wise mentor. There are going to be alot of things in flux right now and we can only hope the cards fall in a reasonable fashion.

Right now, I doubt anyone knows what is going to happen. I'm sure Japan is not sleeping real well.

This is not a good time for Obama to go to our 49th state which is in range of Korea's missles.
What about 50 thru 57?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis

From what I've read and discussed with people, Jong-eun is pretty much the same as Jong-il in personality, with Kim Jong-chul being too effeminate, and Kim Jong-nam caused shame to Jong-il with the Tokyo Disneyland incident.

So, it doesn't look too good if the successor has the same personality as his father. Hopefully he's going to mellow it out. It's almost certain that he isn't really going to wield any real power though. More than likely, one of the generals are going to. Most likely his uncle, whose name I can't remember and I can't be bothered to search on Wikipedia for just his name.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Another one bites the dust,i'm not worried about his son taking over but i have brought my summer holiday forward to next week :run:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hmm? Gotta disagree. If anything, I see China being the strongest force in ensuring North Korea gets its act together. It's in China's best interest for North Korea to mobilize some economic reforms in favor of the Beijing model.

I think it's likely gonna go in that direction.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

I'm not saying they would overtake NORTH Korea - I'm saying they may be aggressive toward South Korea - and use and support North Korea to do so.

Renji

I'm not saying they would overtake NORTH Korea - I'm saying they may be aggressive toward South Korea - and use and support North Korea to do so.

It is a possibility... And I really hope that it will not happen.

Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Because if it's some attempt to be funny, you fail. Miserably.

One man was a dictator who killed millions of his own people, has nuclear weapons aimed at other countries, and who sank ships because he was having a bad day. The other was a brilliant intellectual whose only crime was to say that he didn't believe in a deity. They are worlds apart.