• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Khaos Majick once more......

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Yes I spell Chaos with a k and magic with a j, it's to grab you in. I could not for the lack of of better title think of one. Well this is just something on Chaos magic I thought would think to know, it is the best way I can explain how I see Chaos Magick.

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]CHAOS MAGIC[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Imbeded in all of the above is what has been called Chaos Magic. The term "Chaos Magic" is modern day terminology for something that has been cultivated and used in Shamanism and by others of similar ilk in cultures all over the world for centuries under other names and terms, sometimes even, no name. That which is Chaos Magic, like Obeah, is awesome, potent, compelling and in the wrong hands, highly dangerous. It's secret lies in its POWER. Sometimes even a person's White Light Shields are vunerable to collapse, be rendered impotent, or buckle to another's stronger power when pitted in a test of strengths.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Adherents to Chaos Magic express there is an underlying inter-connectedness and inter-relatedness of everything in the universe. What seems random or chaotic has a higher "order" that can be perceived from a great enough perspective. From this arises the life force, the tendency for matter to accrue intelligence.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Philosophically, Chaos Magic bears a resemblance to Taoism and Zen with a strong dose of the Sanskrit Siddhi. Success hinges on self-annihilation of the Self stripped bare to the Non-Self (Anatta) or Death of the Ego, so there is a lot in common with the Nagarjuna and Madhyamaka schools of Zen. It has been said the effect of a Zen Buddhist Koan on the discursive mind is a small taste of what a Chaos Magician seeks. The practice of Chaos Magic can be destablizing because it's designed to deconstruct belief. Like psychedelic drugs, it can drastically alter your reality.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Because all dualism is an illusion Chaos Magic does not discriminate between so called "white" or "black" magic, say such as seen through the eyes of a Diablero for example, a shaman-sorcerer with an evil bent said to be the type teacher of Don Juan Matus who Carlos Castaneda apprenticed under. Being morally neutral, Chaos Magic is probably not for those who have not already come up with a well-developed code of personal ethics. Chaos Magicians are sometimes defined as "black magic" magicians, but NOT as defined by those who see the dark side of existence as merely "evil". As with Kali Ma, the Black Goddess of Hinduism, who takes away the darkness from every individual who strives in the path of perfection by performing the spiritual disciplines of purifying austerities. Just as all the colors of the spectrum mix into black, yet still black remains black, so too, Kali, who is completely Dark, Unknowable, takes away all the Darkness, yet She, Herself, remains unchanged. If their magic is "black", it is because it deals with that which is dark and hidden.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]As I watched Londoners in the street going about their lives there appeared a Dark Luminosity within each being. Yet at the same moment there was a strange feeling that they were no more than sleepwalking robots utterly oblivious to that shining nature within themselves. The life force of each person was somehow entrapped within a dull dreaming shell which seemed to prevent any contact with the real and what could have been aflame with consciousness was gray and lifeless.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Yatri. UNKNOWN MAN: THE MYSTERIOUS BIRTH OF A NEW SPECIES. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1988
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Buddhism teaches that after a practitioner achieves a certain degree of realization, spiritual power develops. A person at the level of an Arhat is said to possess six supernatural powers. Even so, it is understood that it is through Enlightenment that supernatural powers are manifested, rather than that supernatural powers enhance Enlightenment. Furthermore, it is acknowledged as well that supernatural powers are not attainable exclusively JUST by Buddhists and Buddhists only. It is possible for anyone who has deep religious and spiritual cultivation to develop some kind of "super-normal powers."(source)
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
[/FONT]

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Great post, Grimmjow!

When I first heard of Chaos Magick, I was very wary of it. It seemed irresponsible for someone to be mixing the powerful elements of different religions.

However, I have been studying it more as of late, and a better understanding of it has changed my mind. A certain level of knowledge and wisdom must be attained before anything worthwhile can be gleaned from the practice. An understanding of the relationship between the individual and belief (mental framework/paradigms), and belief and power, and power and illusion are required before anything of substance can be drawn from using the tools of Chaos Magick. Those are the tools!

(Without them, it is perhaps possible to do some damage, but no more than any other spirituality--including the mainstream religions. I think, at any rate.)

Thanks for all the neat posts on it!

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Great post, Grimmjow!

When I first heard of Chaos Magick, I was very wary of it. It seemed irresponsible for someone to be mixing the powerful elements of different religions.

However, I have been studying it more as of late, and a better understanding of it has changed my mind. A certain level of knowledge and wisdom must be attained before anything worthwhile can be gleaned from the practice. An understanding of the relationship between the individual and belief (mental framework/paradigms), and belief and power, and power and illusion are required before anything of substance can be drawn from using the tools of Chaos Magick. Those are the tools!

(Without them, it is perhaps possible to do some damage, but no more than any other spirituality--including the mainstream religions. I think, at any rate.)

Thanks for all the neat posts on it!

You're welcome. There maybe only one other site I can't talk to people about this stuff with out people getting all you can't do that stuff in my face.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Okay, I'm hooked. Can you give me sites or BOOKS, etc... to read about this more? If you don't want to post, a PM is fine. I've shyed away from my magik studies due to my belief system.... but this seems to be more "right on" n other things I've studied.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
So, I've been reading this "Principia Discordia" and I must say....

Not doing it for me. What you speak of and what this says seem to be two different things. I can't relate to it.... can you give me a book or another site, etc...?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
So, I've been reading this "Principia Discordia" and I must say....

Not doing it for me. What you speak of and what this says seem to be two different things. I can't relate to it.... can you give me a book or another site, etc...?

The "Principia Discordia" is not my type of Chaos Magic. It really has no form IMO. It's based off the Western idea of Chaos. What I talk about and what I have posted is more of the Eastern idea of Chaos. And I really don't know of any good book about this, though there is the Chaos magic that started in the 1970s, it not as crazy as Discordia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_magic .

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
The "Principia Discordia" is not my type of Chaos Magic. It really has no form IMO. It's based off the Western idea of Chaos. What I talk about and what I have posted is more of the Eastern idea of Chaos. And I really don't know of any good book about this, though there is the Chaos magic that started in the 1970s, it not as crazy as Discordia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_magic .

I'm glad we can still discuss such thing, Grimmjow. Thank you. Where did you come across such a thing? How did you find Chaos Magik?

I was recently reading a story on the Buddhists of Tibet and their use of chemicals and plants that contain them.... It was the first I had heard of such a thing, but the more I look at the "masters" the more I find it there. Funny, it is my research of Shamanism that has lead me to find that. So I will ask:

What place do drugs/plants/chemicals, etc... have in your way of magik?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I'm glad we can still discuss such thing, Grimmjow. Thank you. Where did you come across such a thing? How did you find Chaos Magik?

I was recently reading a story on the Buddhists of Tibet and their use of chemicals and plants that contain them.... It was the first I had heard of such a thing, but the more I look at the "masters" the more I find it there. Funny, it is my research of Shamanism that has lead me to find that. So I will ask:

What place do drugs/plants/chemicals, etc... have in your way of magik?

In my OP I found that here: http://www.geocities.com/the_wanderling/hun-tun.html

When I was looking for stuff on Chaos Gods and came across Hun-Tun.

I don't really use drugs/planets/chemicals, I have, and will at times once I have my PayPal back(need to pay of banks). There a site that I go though for my stuff, it's all Legal. I'll PM you the site.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
In my OP I found that here: http://www.geocities.com/the_wanderling/hun-tun.html

When I was looking for stuff on Chaos Gods and came across Hun-Tun.

I don't really use drugs/planets/chemicals, I have, and will at times once I have my PayPal back(need to pay of banks). There a site that I go though for my stuff, it's all Legal. I'll PM you the site.

HA HA HA... that is one of the two sites I use to obtain things as well.... when I need or want them.... ha ha ha. Great minds think alike, I guess!