• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KFC's Double Down is a Double Bypass

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I saw the commercial for this and thought I had misunderstood... Dear Gods I didn't :cover:

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I really don't care what people decide to eat but I do think it's amusing that this is newsworthy when other fast food staples are just as unhealthy. I suspect we're so used to french fries, hamburgers, etc. that we don't pretend to be shocked by these when we see ads or even order them. Hell, I've been a vegan/vegetarian for 15 years and I've ordered fries from a couple of fast food places before. It's funny to me that a large order of fries has a lot more fat, calories and sodium than a regular McD's hamburger- even after they switched to 100% vegetable oil.

The Double Down is only slightly higher in calories (540) than a large order of fries from McDonalds (500), a bit more fat (32 vs. McD's fries at 25), but has an impressively unhealthy sodium content (1,380 milligrams!) compared to the fries (350). Btw, I got all of McD's nutritional info' from their website. Just an fyi.

So next time some annoying herbivore mocks you for ordering one while they're munching on a slightly less unhealthy dose of fries tell 'em to **** off. :D

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I really don't care what people decide to eat but I do think it's amusing that this is newsworthy when other fast food staples are just as unhealthy. I suspect we're so used to french fries, hamburgers, etc. that we don't pretend to be shocked by these when we see ads or even order them. Hell, I've been a vegan/vegetarian for 15 years and I've ordered fries from a couple of fast food places before. It's funny to me that a large order of fries has a lot more fat, calories and sodium than a regular McD's hamburger- even after they switched to 100% vegetable oil.

The Double Down is only slightly higher in calories (540) than a large order of fries from McDonalds (500), a bit more fat (32 vs. McD's fries at 25), but has an impressively unhealthy sodium content (1,380 milligrams!) compared to the fries (350). Btw, I got all of McD's nutritional info' from their website. Just an fyi.

So next time some annoying herbivore mocks you for ordering one while they're munching on a slightly less unhealthy dose of fries tell 'em to **** off. :D

And some of the ones you "think' are better for you are worse..I believe its the Tuna Salad sandwich fro Quiznos thats as bad or worse for you than a regular hamburger from most fast food joints.

Love

Dallas

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wonder how many calories and grams of protein and fat that thing contains.
Don't some of the other fast food chains feature megaburgers as well? how to these compare to the chicken breast sandwich?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I wonder how many calories and grams of protein and fat that thing contains.
Don't know about protein, but here's the nutritional information from the KFC web site:

KFC Original Recipe® Double Down
Calories: 540
Fat: 32 g
Sodium: 1380 mg

KFC Grilled Double Down
Calories: 460
Fat: 23 g
Sodium: 1430 mg

Don't some of the other fast food chains feature megaburgers as well? how to these compare to the chicken breast sandwich?
Burger King's BK Quad Stacker (burger with 4 beef patties, 4 slices of cheese, and a serious amount of bacon) has 930 calories, 65 g of fat, and 1740 mg of sodium.

And just for giggles (because I've heard horror stories about the "good" food served by sit-down chain restaurants), I had a look at the nutritional data for Boston Pizza; their regular size Greek salad has 1040 calories, 105 g of fat, and 1960 mg of sodium! :eek:

Hmm. The Double Down doesn't actually look that bad by comparison.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Another nutritional comparator for you:

I just happened to see this article on a nutritional analysis of Pad Thai from a local restaurant that has a reputation for being generally healthy:

Calories: 1382
Fat: 49 g
Sodium: 3160 mg (!)

Too bad. I like Pad Thai. :(

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I do have to say the folks in Texas are lucky I was driving later than I have been tonight. I happened upon a KFC. If they had been open I probably would have blocked half of the highway to run in and get one of these. Of all the bad luck. :(