• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

kerfuffle on the subcontinent

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They could've had Mohammad at the table, but had his face conveniently obscured by the food being passed around to add to the humor.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I kind of felt that the atheist's information dump ruined the flow of the video. A little light ribbing never hurt anyone. Although I guess I can't say anything since my G-d was the only one not made fun of. Would have liked to see Moses do more than just make split peas, or at least it be more apparent what he's doing.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I agree with Tumah that the atheist's explanation of why she was at the table wasn't all that great for the flow of the video, but other than that, I thought it played well. I especially liked the light-hearted, cheerful humor, which I suppose will nevertheless offend a few people. Not everyone laughs with the gods, and some folks just don't have much in the way of a sense of humor.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree with Tumah that the atheist's explanation of why she was at the table wasn't all that great for the flow of the video, but other than that, I thought it played well. I especially liked the light-hearted, cheerful humor, which I suppose will nevertheless offend a few people. Not everyone laughs with the gods, and some folks just don't have much in the way of a sense of humor.

Meh...God invented humour. Except maybe for @Wirey's brand. That is surely the work of the devil.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Apparently this Australian ad for lamb is offending certain religious sensibilities.
Me, I found it pretty funny.
Your thoughts?

Just for background, this is not the first ad in the series. The company has deliberately moved to a more inclusive style of advertising. I mean, obviously you can agree with their approach or not, but they are trying to push the message that lamb is cross cultural. This contrasts with earlier ads, which were pushing a more traditional 'Aussies eat lamb' style. All done with tongue in cheek.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Apparently this Australian ad for lamb is offending certain religious sensibilities.
Your thoughts?
Elephant in the room joke was a bit of a damp squib. And everybody knows that Ganesha is a strict vegetarian with tusk sized sweet tooth. :)
images

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Just for background, this is not the first ad in the series. The company has deliberately moved to a more inclusive style of advertising. I mean, obviously you can agree with their approach or not, but they are trying to push the message that lamb is cross cultural. This contrasts with earlier ads, which were pushing a more traditional 'Aussies eat lamb' style. All done with tongue in cheek.

I feel so left out of due to the fact that I utterly hate lamb.... Cute to look at, when alive... Just one of a couple of items I cannot get past my taste-buds without triggering the gag reflex. *sniffle*

Jedster

I wonder if they do any adds for vegetarians & vegans.

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
I feel so left out of due to the fact that I utterly hate lamb.... Cute to look at, when alive... Just one of a couple of items I cannot get past my taste-buds without triggering the gag reflex. *sniffle*

Absolutely agree was my first sight of playing lambs that made me a vegetarian with similar gag reflex

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Your thoughts?
Non-vegetarian ad requires a vegan reply.

Please please don't eat us. :(

images

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I think it's so common in Australia it isn't even commonly associated with the little fluffy things running around a field. A lamb roast is about as close to a national dish as we have.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I kind of felt that the atheist's information dump ruined the flow of the video. A little light ribbing never hurt anyone. Although I guess I can't say anything since my G-d was the only one not made fun of. Would have liked to see Moses do more than just make split peas, or at least it be more apparent what he's doing.
Moses_10aa31_3986738.jpg