• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Kenyon Road" and other poems by Sunstone

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Your poetry is like chocolate to me, they both enrich my life, and give sensual fulfillment to my soul..... Poetry and chocolate....:faint:

Charity, if I were not out of frubals right now, you would have a year's supply in one swoop. What a thing to say! :)

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Each poem has been tested and is guaranteed to go well with chocolate.

Tested here in NZ, and I must say, the test results came out the same. I can confidently report that it doesn't matter which hemisphere you're in to enjoy these poems with chocolate.

Also; Extensive testing has been done (last night, that is) and these go equally well with Baileys-drenched chocolate icecream.

Perhaps anything chocolate is all-go.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Each poem has been tested and is guaranteed to go well with chocolate.

Your poetry is like chocolate to me, they both enrich my life, and give sensual fulfillment to my soul..... Poetry and chocolate....:faint:

Tested here in NZ, and I must say, the test results came out the same. I can confidently report that it doesn't matter which hemisphere you're in to enjoy these poems with chocolate.

Also; Extensive testing has been done (last night, that is) and these go equally well with Baileys-drenched chocolate icecream.

Perhaps anything chocolate is all-go.

I think we're onto something here, folks! Poetry and chocolate! :clap This could no less than mark the beginnings of a revival of the art form!

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I think we're onto something here, folks! Poetry and chocolate!
clap.gif
This could no less than mark the beginnings of a revival of the art form!

Just think, if chocolate was offered with poetry classes at school, we'd get alot of fat, poetic children...!!!

(emphasis, of course, on "poetic" ;))

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't want to imply I think my poetry is special, but I will mention we use only the most expensive and flavorful electrons when transmitting it across the net to you.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Last shameless bump of the season for this thread. Get your tickets ready!!! This bump is a ride you don't want to miss!!!!

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
The Puzzled Flowers of Monument Creek: Oh, how true! Your poems do tend to contain profound thoughts, lurking under the covers of flippancy. (hehe... I loved the fleet of rubber duckies image) :) That's the best way to present profound thoughts, I think... not to take yourself-- or the thought-- too seriously. I do really like the use of names and locations; just makes the poem feel that much more homey. I can just see all the beautiful young maidens gazing wistfully at the water, wishing and waiting. But why are they puzzled, we wonders? hmmm

Painted Horses Wet with Rain: Bravo! This one has no need of commentary, as it presents itself as it is, and that's all that needs to be said.

Kenyon Road: Mm. This one's making me think for a long while. I'm thinking about the structure of poetry, and how it lends itself to allowing poets to flip syntax around in order to make a mundane sentence interesting, poignant; depth is added by the ordering of words, almost irrelevant to what the words themselves contain. I love the effect, and the sheer manipulation of words in poetry; but isn't manipulating the reader, in fact, wrong? I almost get a thrill out of it, the dishonesty; but then, not all dishonesty is wrong, and perhaps by showing that up is down, then perhaps dishonesty is actually the most honest thing. My apologies... I am rambling.

This is one of those poems that gets better the longer you take with it; read through fast, then take it slow, find the cadence and the breaks. Once the full flavor hits you, though, wow! Well done, Sunstone.