• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kenyan Food Crisis

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
From BBC

Time short in Kenya food 'crisis'

The UN has warned there will be many deaths in Kenya if immediate food aid is not delivered to 3.5 million people facing the threat of starvation.

Head of the UN World Food Programme, James Morris, said 11 million were at risk across the Horn of Africa.

At least 40 people have died in northern Kenya with cattle, camels and donkeys also dying at a worrying rate.

Five years of drought have created the worst situation in the region for four decades, the United Nations says.

[. . .]

He said unless a donation shortfall of $189m (£107m) was met soon, many deaths from malnutrition would inevitably follow.

UN stocks of maize and rice would only last to the end of next month and the stocks of beans and vegetable oil were far worse, Mr Morris said.

World Food Programme in particular is doing some good work with this. Rations for a family of four for one day is as little as $1, and in some countries it's even lower. If you guys can, please donate! The situation in Kenya and the surrounding area is getting pretty grim, and every little bit helps.

Bangbang

I think most of those people are HIV positive so what is the problem. Ok Ok it is a sad and terrible problem but do you see the natural selection goin on here? ......and why does not God intervene? ........wait..God has.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Thank you for your opinion, Bangbang, but not all of us determine the value of a human according to whether or not they have HIV or AIDS.

Being in the worst drought in decade's isn't natural selection. It's being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Bangbang

Jensa said:
Thank you for your opinion, Bangbang, but not all of us determine the value of a human according to whether or not they have HIV or AIDS.

Being in the worst drought in decade's isn't natural selection. It's being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sometimes an opinion can can you your life.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I think you're missing a verb. However, this is not a debate section, and if you wish to debate the merits of not letting HIV+ people starve to death, take it to the debate sections.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Bangbang said:
I think most of those people are HIV positive so what is the problem. Ok Ok it is a sad and terrible problem but do you see the natural selection goin on here? ......and why does not God intervene? ........wait..God has.

That is one of the most callous "I'm alright Jack" things I have read, well, since I can remember.

Sad and Terrible ? .....you don't have the faintest clue. Natural selection ?:banghead3

Thank you very much Jensa.:)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
UGH, I always hate hearing about drought & famine in Africa and wish I could do more than donate money.... Keep this link updated on the crisis if you will Jensa. Thank you.