• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ken Hams Worst case scenario. Ark held 7000 animals inside.

Altfish

Veteran Member
As far as I know, at least 75% in the U.S are belonging to some religion.

I now since you said "creationists" I dont know what you are referring to.
It is the religious people who believe the Genesis account and don't accept evolution as fact.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It is the religious people who believe the Genesis account and don't accept evolution as fact.

I knew that you were mixing up everything like evolution, genesis, and even maybe young earthers. Thats why when you said "creationists" I withdrew.

Cheers.

Riders

Oh how I love this.

How Many Animals Were On Noah’s Ark?

Since Ark Encounter opened and is touted as a replica of the actual ark of Noah, citing a scientific foundation as well as religious, an interesting question now arises in regards to Ken Hams pet project now that's its properly established.

If this is meant to be an actual representation to scale of Noah's ark then that must include the representation of animals to scale inside the ark as well.

It leads me to the question I have since spring and summer is approaching.

Has anyone ever counted the animals inside Ken Hams ark? Are there actually 7000 replicas of every species on earth inside Kens ark right now if I were to go to Kentucky to gawk at this sight?

Has anyone actually counted them yet and informed Ken he needs to put more animals inside? Don't forget the food and supplies for such a journey, but for now, I'm willing to forget that aspect and just want to know if there are presently 7000 replicas made to scale inside this ark masquerading as a Biblical museum.

If not, then why?

How Did Noah Fit All the Animals on the Ark?

With the inability to feed all these animals the food they needed and the inability to live with the fesces, poopoo of all these animals on a boat it would be scientifically impossible.

Otherwise this is not even a good proof

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Oh how I love this.

Since Ark Encounter opened and is touted as a replica of the actual ark of Noah, citing a scientific foundation as well as religious, an interesting question now arises in regards to Ken Hams pet project now that's its properly established.

If this is meant to be an actual representation to scale of Noah's ark then that must include the representation of animals to scale inside the ark as well.

Has anyone ever counted the animals inside Ken Hams ark? Are there actually 7000 replicas of every species on earth inside Kens ark right now if I were to go to Kentucky to gawk at this sight?

Has anyone actually counted them yet and informed Ken he needs to put more animals inside? Don't forget the food and supplies for such a journey, but for now, I'm willing to forget that aspect and just want to know if there are presently 7000 replicas made to scale inside this ark masquerading as a Biblical museum.

If not, then why?

The Ark measured 300 × 50 × 30 cubits (Genesis 6:15), which is about 140 × 23 × 13.5 metres or 459 × 75 × 44 feet, so its volume was 43,500 m³ (cubic metres) or 1.54 million cubic feet. To put this in perspective, this is the equivalent carrying capacity of 340 semitrailer trucks (i.e. articulated lorries), each of which can hold 37 1,200-pound slaughter steers, 90 500-pound feeder calves, 180 250-pound hogs, or 300 125-pound sheep. This would be a line six lanes wide and half a mile long.

If the animals were kept in cages with an average size of 50 × 50 × 30 centimetres (20 × 20 × 12 inches), that is 75,000 cm³ (cubic centimetres) or 4800 cubic inches, the 16,000 animals would only occupy 1200 m³ (42,000 cubic feet) or 14.4 stock cars. Even if a million insect species had to be on board, it would not be a problem, because they require little space. If each pair was kept in cages of 10 cm (four inches) per side, or 1000 cm³, all the insect species would occupy a total volume of only 1000 m³, or another 12 cars. This would leave room for five trains of 99 cars each for food, Noah’s family and ‘range’ for the animals. However, insects are not included in the meaning of behemah orremes in Genesis 6:19-20, so Noah probably would not have taken them on board as passengers anyway.

Tabulating the total volume is fair enough, since this shows that there would be plenty of room on the Ark for the animals with plenty left over for food, range etc. It would be possible to stack cages, with food on top or nearby (to minimize the amount of food carrying the humans had to do), to fill up more of the Ark space, while still allowing plenty of room for gaps for air circulation. We are discussing an emergency situation, not necessarily luxury accommodation. Although there is plenty of room for exercise, skeptics have overstated animals’ needs for exercise anyway.

Even if we don’t allow stacking one cage on top of another to save floor space, there would be no problem. Woodmorappe shows from standard recommended floor space requirements for animals that all of them together would have needed less than half the available floor space of the Ark’s three decks. This arrangement allows for the maximum amount of food and water storage on top of the cages close to the animals.
How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark? - creation.com

Christian EXPERTS say otherwise. :mad:
Creation Science Profile, John Woodmorappe

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In a study of European countries and the U.S. yes. The study that you are talking about did not include Asia, Africa, Australia and the rest of the New World.

slide_3.jpg
Note that those on the top tend to put very strong emphasis on education and science.

Riders

The Ark measured 300 × 50 × 30 cubits (Genesis 6:15), which is about 140 × 23 × 13.5 metres or 459 × 75 × 44 feet, so its volume was 43,500 m³ (cubic metres) or 1.54 million cubic feet. To put this in perspective, this is the equivalent carrying capacity of 340 semitrailer trucks (i.e. articulated lorries), each of which can hold 37 1,200-pound slaughter steers, 90 500-pound feeder calves, 180 250-pound hogs, or 300 125-pound sheep. This would be a line six lanes wide and half a mile long.

If the animals were kept in cages with an average size of 50 × 50 × 30 centimetres (20 × 20 × 12 inches), that is 75,000 cm³ (cubic centimetres) or 4800 cubic inches, the 16,000 animals would only occupy 1200 m³ (42,000 cubic feet) or 14.4 stock cars. Even if a million insect species had to be on board, it would not be a problem, because they require little space. If each pair was kept in cages of 10 cm (four inches) per side, or 1000 cm³, all the insect species would occupy a total volume of only 1000 m³, or another 12 cars. This would leave room for five trains of 99 cars each for food, Noah’s family and ‘range’ for the animals. However, insects are not included in the meaning of behemah orremes in Genesis 6:19-20, so Noah probably would not have taken them on board as passengers anyway.

Tabulating the total volume is fair enough, since this shows that there would be plenty of room on the Ark for the animals with plenty left over for food, range etc. It would be possible to stack cages, with food on top or nearby (to minimize the amount of food carrying the humans had to do), to fill up more of the Ark space, while still allowing plenty of room for gaps for air circulation. We are discussing an emergency situation, not necessarily luxury accommodation. Although there is plenty of room for exercise, skeptics have overstated animals’ needs for exercise anyway.

Even if we don’t allow stacking one cage on top of another to save floor space, there would be no problem. Woodmorappe shows from standard recommended floor space requirements for animals that all of them together would have needed less than half the available floor space of the Ark’s three decks. This arrangement allows for the maximum amount of food and water storage on top of the cages close to the animals.
How did all the animals fit on Noah's Ark? - creation.com

Christian EXPERTS say otherwise. :mad:
Creation Science Profile, John Woodmorappe

No waya re they gonna have enough room and food and be able to keep the mountains of doodoo there..............

Riders

No way are they getting that many animals in without sinking it let alone feeding the animals and dealing with the poop.

Kfox

Oh how I love this.

If not, then why?

I think the biggest problem with the Noah’s Ark story is any engineer will tell you that it is impossible (even with todays pressure treated wood) to build a 500 foot vessel made strictly of wood; without any steel reinforcements, and still float. The problem with the story is they gave the dimensions; I guess the guy who made it all up didn’t know this.

gnostic

The Lost One
More the Protestant fundamentalists, as there's no problem with this in Catholicism or with most mainline Protestants.
Although some groups can be more fundamental because the fundamentalist leaders teach those groups to be “fundamentalist” version of creation and be anti-Evolution or even anti-science...

...it is sometimes the individuals are more prone being that way.

I have known a group of Protestant who were more moderate, and more accepting of Evolution being a biological reality, but in that same group, there’s a black sheep or two.

gnostic

The Lost One
No way are they getting that many animals in without sinking it let alone feeding the animals and dealing with the poop.
Especially when you considered that some animals are predators and carnivores.

So what do they eat when they are surrounded by prey?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Although some groups can be more fundamental because the fundamentalist leaders teach those groups to be “fundamentalist” version of creation and be anti-Evolution or even anti-science...

...it is sometimes the individuals are more prone being that way.

I have known a group of Protestant who were more moderate, and more accepting of Evolution being a biological reality, but in that same group, there’s a black sheep or two.
I hear ya.

For personal example, my parents and I belonged to a fundamentalist Protestant church that taught how terrible the belief in "evilution" is, and I left the church because of this and for another reason [overt racism], but they stayed for the rest of their lives even though they themselves accepted the ToE.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Oh how I love this.

If not, then why?

It doesn't have to make sense. It's god-magic. God can do anything.
In fact, the fact that you deem it impossible to occur, is proof that it was a miracle, because God made it happen anyway, regardless of it being "impossible".

What? You say that it didn't happen? Well, were you there? (read the italics in an australian accent with an annoying voice)

Joking aside.... My first reaction when I heard about these guys (him, the hovinds, etc) was that they were scammers. That they didn't really believe any of this, but that they were just making a scam play in the "church business" to try and cheat people out of their money with donations and buying "merchandise".

But then a realized that for that plan to work, other people (the customers, or rather: the victims) would have to believe it.............................

So either way, people had to exist that actually believed this stuff.

It was a sad day in my life when I realized that. It was also quite shocking when I found out just how many people believe obvious nonsense like this. And with unbelievable passion to.
I still find it shocking, actually.

Riders

It's a cop-out to say God did it, it doesn't have to make sense. it's magic. It's like Jesus being raised from the dead is scientifically impossible and they say the same thing. But any religion can use that excuse to explain away miracles they can't explain, God did it and it doesn't have to make sense.