• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ken ham's creationist science theories

Segev Moran

Hi All,

I would love hearing your take on Ken Ham's theories...

I for one find it very disturbing and misleading... unfortunately i looked for some kind of forum on their site , but none exists...

So i wonder if anyone here can answer some of my question...

As a started.. the biggest claim of Ham's is what he calls: history science...

Which he explains that we should distinguish between two types of science...
The observational science.. which is things we can see with our own eyes...
And history science... which is based on assumptions of what happened before...

In this way, he actually cancels all scientific claims of evolution, universe size and so on...

And again, of course.. the good old.. You can't disprove GOD claim (Which has zero weight when trying to debate a proof of something)

On that note, No, we can't prove there is no GOD, yet we can't really prove that Zeus doesn't exist.. or Aliens, Or big foot and so on...

Thanks all, and have a great day...

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
His toilet "theories" can be logically disregarded by almost, if not every, ration and sane person with a middle school or above science education.
Side note: His debate with Bill Nye was pretty funny, the Noah's Ark bit especially.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Who's Ham ??
~
'mud
I searched the internet for "Ham", & found....
th

Segev Moran

Thanks all for your replies..
Being an Atheist... i couldn't agree more with most of the comments I've got here...
But i want to here theist commenting on Ham...
I Really want to know if there are people who actually want a person like Ham educating their kids and next generations...

Segev Moran

Who's Ham ??
~
'mud
Ken ham is a dude who developed a "scientific" theory based on creation...
It is undoubtedly the most vague, unreasonable, unproven and most of all very very misleading to people who actually think alike him...
But i say that coming from a non religious pov...
I was wondering about the religious pps...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's always the same story with these guys. They cater to a growing population that couldn't pass the third grade, and sucker them in to buy books and videos. The most ridiculous claims seem to earn the most business, ironically.
To be fair, many who buy into Ham's stuff are smart & well educated.
They just have a very different (from mine) take on reality.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Sounds like 'the Donald'
Maybe the 6th grade ???
When one has so many adjectives,
and so short a thinking span,
moronity survives !
~
'mud

Parsimony

Which he explains that we should distinguish between two types of science...
The observational science.. which is things we can see with our own eyes...
And history science... which is based on assumptions of what happened before...

In this way, he actually cancels all scientific claims of evolution, universe size and so on...
Which, ironically, would make his young Earth creationist arguments fall into the "history science" category (if they qualified as science at all).

Skwim

Veteran Member
Hi All,

I would love hearing your take on Ken Ham's theories...
I for one find it very disturbing and misleading... unfortunately i looked for some kind of forum on their site , but none exists...
Just what (science?) theories are you talking about? Please list a few.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
To be fair, many who buy into Ham's stuff are smart & well educated.
They just have a very different (from mine) take on reality.

I might amend this a bit. Anyone who really understands science won't buy into Ham's stuff. That does allow for educated people who don't understand science, and that IS a valid demographic. (although weird to me)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I might amend this a bit. Anyone who really understands science won't buy into Ham's stuff. That does allow for educated people who don't understand science, and that IS a valid demographic. (although weird to me)
No disagreement.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ham is so inconsistent that I really wonder if he's for real or just doing it for $ and/or fame? Did anyone here catch his "debate" with Nye?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Thanks all for your replies..
Being an Atheist... i couldn't agree more with most of the comments I've got here...
But i want to here theist commenting on Ham...
I Really want to know if there are people who actually want a person like Ham educating their kids and next generations...
Do yourself a favor and "the cause" and do not refer to Mr. Ham's intellectually bankrupt thinking as being theories. It's prolly best to just call them what they are -- abject drivel.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I'm a theist and Ken Ham is a blasphemous turd. His "science" is abysmal. His theology is abysmal. His "logic" is abysmal. There is nothing sound in anything he says. That God hasn't struck down his blasphemous (or at least highly crass) Ark theme park is amazing. Sure, megachurches make lots of bucks off God too, but a ********************* theme park? Are you for REAL?