• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kemeticism

I would like to learn more about Kemetic Theology and do intend to research independently.

That said, I am hoping somebody in this community may be able to guide me as to resources.

I am aware of the Netjer page here but have yet to find any posts relating to practices and beliefs for beginners and am unable to register to pose my question to that particular community.

I have qualms with the 3 major religions (Christianity, Islam & Judaism) based on varying disparities with certain aspects but am not entirely against them, having an affinity for some practices and beliefs.

That said, through the little I have learned of Kemetic ideology I am intrigued. I am passionately Pro Black (even though Im white) and find exploring Kemeticism, which Im led to believe is the original religion, to be imperative in learning how to debunk myths fed to me throughout my life.

I am privvy to the belief that Christianity is infact a Greek construct created through adopting and corrupting Ancient Kemet Gods and dieties and that Serapis is the original Christus (Jesus) whom Rome worshipped after the Greeks robbed Alexandria and appropriated their philosophy, mathematics, sciences and rituals. (Forgive me if Im a bit askew, this knowledge Ive aquired is in its infancy)

That said, I could quite easily just continue to do google searches and am prepared to do so but am hoping that someone may direct me to a source or site that can provide detailed information so I may develop a better understanding.

Thank you in advance and apologies if you find this request disrespectful or intrusive.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
We have a neteru page?! I honestly had no idea. What are you looking for exactly? I rarely see Kemetic revivalists here, mostly just Setians.

We have a neteru page?! I honestly had no idea. What are you looking for exactly? I rarely see Kemetic revivalists here, mostly just Setians.
Well I have no idea what Neteru or Setians are. I'll google them. Basically just looking for references or links to sites where I can explore Kemet more thoroughly.

I just discovered what Neteru means so thank you for adding a new word for me to recognize. And I just saw the Kemetic page in African Religions so will see if I can find some answers there. Again, am quite prepared to research on my own, just thought I could refine my search with a little guidance.

GoodbyeDave

Here are two ogranisations that teach rather different versions of Egyptian Religion (I hate the made-up word Kemetic)
The Kemetic Orthodox Religion
http://www.cesidaho.org/

Forget the "Christianity is made up from Egyptian mythology" stuff: it's rubbish. Christianity grew up over a couple of centuries after some-one stole the body of a Jewish prophet and his followers decided that he must have come back to life and then let their imaginations run riot. Much simpler!

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I just discovered what Neteru means so thank you for adding a new word for me to recognize. And I just saw the Kemetic page in African Religions so will see if I can find some answers there. Again, am quite prepared to research on my own, just thought I could refine my search with a little guidance.

The Setian DIR is cool if you're looking for modern takes, plus we have a Setian sub on reddit. We aren't exactly Kemetic revivalists, but I've seen more solid info from Setianism than many places on the topic (especially related to Set and the related Neteru of course).

MNoBody

The various works of Gerald Massey are very useful,
although there are not very many resources that have been rendered accessible
for people to easily assimilate his voluminous compilations.
He is certainly a primary resource for anyone interested in the topic.
(notwithstanding what some critics have said)