• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kemetic Poll

What is your Kemetic path?

• Total voters

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Just out of curiosity, are you Kemetic Orthodox, Syncretic Kemetic (Kemeticism mixed with another path such as Kemetic Wicca), or another Kemetic path?

Daniel09

Akera-Heru
Kemetic Other. I follow most of the Kemetic Orthodox's description, but I am not a member nor do I currently follow all the dogmas. Believe in the gods, deal with Ma'at, I'm Kemetic *shrug*

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Shemsu is a term we Kemetic Orthodox use for a full convert, one who has taken a Shemsu vow to dedicate themselves to their parent and beloved.

Erebus

A few of my deities are Egyptian, but being essentially an eclectic, I don't think I'd be considered Kemetic. Having said that though, there are a lot of similarities in terms of structure and belief between Demonolatry and Kemeticism.

Kai'a

Freethinker
Kemetic Orthodox (in that my headmates are a shemsu. We are more minds/souls per body. I'm a divined Remetj, aka. affiliated with the church/friend of the faith, but not a convertite.) and Kemetic-Other, which to me is about following the gods, following Ma'at, incorporating them into the spirituality. Though not really thinking of them as parts of great united God, no, not necessarily. :p Also because while kemetic gods are veery important to me, I follow other religions with deep commitment.

Also 'shemsu' isn't only KO term, its meaning is basically 'follower', so technically everyone that's kemetic of some flavor here, is a shemsu, just not KO shemsu. ;)